Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looks Like The Bull Market Is Back In Full Swing! >

Looks Like The Bull Market Is Back In Full Swing!

Notices

Looks Like The Bull Market Is Back In Full Swing!

Old 06-17-2003, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by seanclong
Hopefully the market can survive a round of profit-taking and bad news from AT&T....

Keep your fingers crossed!!!
So far, so good....I'm not sure how much 'stock' the market as a whole pays too much attention to what Merrill Lynch has to say......
Old 06-17-2003, 10:26 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

dude don't you ever say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you want to jinx it or something!!!!
Old 06-17-2003, 10:36 AM
mlitefan

Originally posted by catmando
Dam RIGHT I jumped ship. Only lost $5K. Would've lost it all had I stayed in. My cousin lost almost $200K following YOUR advice.

And don't count your bulls just yet.
LMAO...Another happy Enron stock holder I see...

The market going up must REALLY tick Cat off with the political views he holds...LMAO...

Old 06-18-2003, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mlitefan
LMAO...Another happy Enron stock holder I see...

The market going up must REALLY tick Cat off with the political views he holds...LMAO...
I'm a republican and all, but if you think the tax cut did this, you're deluded. Simply a cycle, that with a little tweaking can speed up or slow down.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:32 PM
Banned

The market plays a big role in my business, even though I have no money in the market. About 4 months ago, McDonald's put ALL their construction projects on hold, and they are my bread and butter. Two Sunday's ago, I told Debbie that now the market is coming back, Mcd will be calling soon. They called the next day, and we started a project yesterday. I went through the same deal right after 9-11. I'm no stock prognosticator, but I have a feel for these things, and I'm usually right. I think this one will carry for a while. I also agree the S&P is a better indicator of the economy in general.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:39 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Originally posted by C_Spray
Bought mutuals like crazy for the last two years, including transferring some of my previously existing assets from money markey and bond funds into mutuals. Got some real bargains that have now rebounded nicely. (Buy low, right? ) I'm in better shape now than I would be if the market had not dipped.

Now, I'm holding all that I purchased, and getting ready to switch more of my new investments to cash and bonds to rebalance.

Just glad I wasn't looking to retire last year.
Good move for a old fellow like you...
Old 06-18-2003, 03:42 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Thats right Shane stay the course... Up 20% so far this year$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 06-18-2003, 04:49 PM
TulsaLarry

Shane, glad to see your attitude is getting better, I know mine is. I have seen a few ups and downs in the market over my past 25+ years as a broker but this one was the most brutal of them all. The gogo years were so extreme that it makes sense the bear would be also. The good thing about this downturn is that it got most of the flakes out of the business. Just before the top of the market everyone thought they were a stock picker and had no idea of the importance of a balanced portfolio, thank God they are gone. My office is down over 50% in head count and this will be better for my business in the long run.

For all those looking for a "hot tip" I've got one for you. Take a hard look at your investments, make sure you are balanced to some degree. Diversification includes industry groups, income vehicles and liquidity. Review your portfolio at least once a year. Do not fall in love with your investments, when its time to sell, do it at a profit or even at a loss. If you are not capable doing this yourself then get with a good advisor that can help you.

Good luck to all investors, you are limited only by bad decisions.

Old 06-18-2003, 04:54 PM
Registered

all the guys i know on the bond desk have been doing fantastic for a long while..buying new boats and houses!! the traders and brokers who flip stocks and such have had it rough?
Old 06-18-2003, 05:34 PM
Registered

they need to raise the rate to something closer to 7%.. look what happened in Japen when they dropped the rate down to 1%.. there market dropped and still hasn't come back

Quick Reply: Looks Like The Bull Market Is Back In Full Swing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.