Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hawk power, searace, Todd & what ever else he is know calling his company. >

Hawk power, searace, Todd & what ever else he is know calling his company.

Notices

Hawk power, searace, Todd & what ever else he is know calling his company.

Old 08-12-2003, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by magnum27
Well, I tried to buy the 540 from hawk and requested a picture of the engine before I would send the money and I never heard from him again. All I could get was the lady answering the phone. I hate to say it, but I am glad that he avoided me. When I finally got in touch with them, they told me the engine was already sold. I just hope someone finds him before the police do. He needs more than just a jail sentence. Someone needs to take him deep sea fishing and.................

Lotsa of fish and one alien(ator)
Old 08-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Eric Froberg
You guys may want to look into the two companies “Marine Design Group, Inc.” and “Stiletto Aeromarine, Inc.”. Both were Florida Corporations and both were owned by the gutless scum bag. I also have a 3 inch thick folder on this trick that I compiled in the 4 short months he worked for me back in 1996. The OPBRA might be able to offer some ammo too. This guy didn’t turn into a scum bag, he was hatched as one.
That might explain why he moved himself and his Target Trailer operation up here to Tallahassee a few years back and then sold it to someone in Ohio. He told me he moved here to get away from the rat race of South Florida, but I see now that it may have been for other reasons. For a while there I though that the Florida Big Bend area was finally going to get a class offshore powerboat operation, but I guess that I thought wrong. FWIW, the NAPA store in nearby Crawfordville, FL, does his machine shop work. Though I've never had any work done there myself, I am told that they do good work.

Last edited by ForrestC; 08-13-2003 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-27-2003, 05:18 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Preuni
Two weeks ago Todd promised in written to wire back my money paid in advance for an 502 MPI which I never did get....
No money yet.......He does not reply to emails, doesnt take my calls, doesnt call back........and Joyce still answering the phone pretending to know nothing, telling me time after time that Todds out of office and will call me back....
And then the rumours about him shutting down business, I think I can kiss my money good bye.....
This whole thing is so unbelievable....9000$ stolen from me, sitting here in Germany not beeing able to do anything. A nightmare, drives me crazy...
Did anybody ever get back his money from this "businessman"? There has to be a way, I cant believe that he is getting through with this, which authorities can help in such a case?
Rsforsey, is that lawyer of yours any good, if so could he take over my case as well?
Old 08-27-2003, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by buckknekkid
I can send someone down to collect for you if you would like
Old 08-27-2003, 10:08 AM
Registered

WE HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH GERMANY, HE IS A REAL GOOD GUY LAST WE HEARD FROM HIM HE WAS GOING TO COME TO THE STATES ON VACATION AND MAKE A STOP AT HAWK POWER!!! HE IS 6'6!!! BET YOU Mr Todd was a little surprised!!!. If your out there give us a call or post so we know how everything went!!!

We went up to the 1000 island Poker Run... I can not say we had a great time... If your not in It it is not worth the trip....
I saw a cigarette that looked like one Todd had forsale on his web site turned out to be Aqua toy's now that would have been worth the trip.....
any one know why Too Hot was followed in by 3 police boats, I have that blow by on video and when they came in the bay there were not being reckless if anything that was what everyone wants too see.
Attached Thumbnails Hawk power, searace, Todd & what ever else he is know calling his company.-100_0625.jpg  

Last edited by Rforsey; 08-27-2003 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:22 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

WOW !!! Do you have any more pics of that Gladiator?
Old 08-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

What ever happened to Hot Ducks 45??
Old 08-27-2003, 01:26 PM
Registered

Default dunno

Hey HOT DUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Old 08-27-2003, 02:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey guys. I am not someone to bad mouth somebody, but since you asked, I'll just tell you my story and you can make your own judgment.

We went to pick up the Apache at Hawk Power a few weeks ago. It was supposed to be ready, but it was not. The engines were not in the boat and none of the other minor things we wanted changed were touched. To top it off, the boat was absolutely filthy and covered with a light mist of paint over spray.

To make a long story short I decided that the boat was leaving there that day no matter what. Todd was in and out of the shop running errands so my race partner and I grabbed two of the guys in the shop and bolted the engines in just so that we could transport the boat. We collected all of our miscellaneous parts, wrapped them in blankets and rolled out.

We moved the boat to Tres @ Martin Marine. His guys pulled the engines and yanked off the 3 speed trannies that Todd tried to put in there. We ordered a pair of Huber 1350's to replace Todd's trannies, which is what Todd was supposed to use in the first place according to our sales contract. The engines were then sent to Carolina Racing to be checked out.

Initially, the crew @ Carolina racing was just going to run the engines on a dyno and do some basic testing to see what kind of shape the engines were in. I also asked them to pull the valve covers and oil pans to visually inspect the engines. After doing this, we decided it was safer for the engines not to put them on the dyno. Hawk Power did rebuild the engines (new bearings and a new crank were found), but they cut as many corners as possible and used some questionable parts, as far as quality goes. Here is a list of what we found. The valve springs were rusty, the new crank was a piece of sh*t, the head work consisted of a simple glass beading, the block needed to be bored due to minor pits and imperfections in the cylinder walls, the oil cooler installed was entirely too small, the ignition installed was out of a car and not a marine ignition, the intercooler had bent fins and was corroded inside, the water plumbing on the engine was not correct, the carbs had not been rebuilt as we had asked, etc...

Oh yea, one other thing. Todd had moved the engine mounts forward so that he could stick his trannies in there, but then some of the engine accessories would not fit because of the bulkhead. Also, because the engines were moved forward, the engine hatch would not fit b/c the carbs would not fit up into the air scoops. CRAZY!!! When we put the engines in to move it out of Hawk Power, we had to remove the accessories on the front of the engine so that we could bolt them in place. Then we had to remove the front carb on each engine to bolt on the engine hatch. Unbelievable.

Anyhow, the boat is coming along really well at Martin. Tres has a detailer to remove the over spray. Most of it can be done using clay bricks. This is a job on a 45' boat. Everything, I mean EVERYTHING needs to be bricked to remove the over spray...top deck, hull sides, dash, gages, interior, transom, drives, tabs...etc.....not to mention the trailer. The engines are coming along at Carolina Racing. They should begin the rebuild process in the next few days. Basically, we are trashing all of the old parts and building the engines correctly. The crew at Martin is going to clean up the engine room and repaint it if necessary. They are also going to do a few other odds and ends.

So, when I finally get the boat back on the water it will be right. It does, however, look like the paint job and cabin will have to wait a while. No big deal. I would rather do it right while we are doing it than have to come back to fix problems later.

To sum up this whole bit*h session that I just wrote, Hawk Power butchered the boat. The boat was in better shape when I left it there than when I picked it up. On the bright side, the boat is in good hands now and is coming along pretty well. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.

Last edited by Hot Duck; 08-27-2003 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thumbs down Todd you're an idiot!

Nice job Todd! I should of never told you not to do business with Bill Harris, ya'll deserve each other! Todd also bashed Tres Martin and then I knew Todd was an idiot! Tres Martin is well respected in any zip code! BH

Quick Reply: Hawk power, searace, Todd & what ever else he is know calling his company.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.