Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hawk power, searace, Todd & what ever else he is know calling his company. >

Hawk power, searace, Todd & what ever else he is know calling his company.

Notices

Hawk power, searace, Todd & what ever else he is know calling his company.

Old 06-20-2003, 08:15 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by lucy
with red high heels!!!
LOLOL Hey stranger
Old 06-20-2003, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I was seriously looking into that 45. Until to many stories came up. I hope Hot Duck in Md has good luck with it. He sent the motors to get freshened at Searace?????? Hope he does not get bent over!!
Old 06-20-2003, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 45

tttt
Old 06-20-2003, 03:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay in chiming in, but I just read this post. I passed over it yesterday, but now that it is 3 pages I decided to check it out.

Believe it or not, I have had no problems with Todd or Hawk Power so far. He has the engines from our 45 Apache and is doing a rebuild for us right now. The engines checked out OK and ran well, but I figured that a rebuild would be cheap insurance to be certain that they make it through the summer. Plus, with the rebuild, Todd offered a 30 day engine warranty, which we will certainly get in writing. Not much, but better than nothing.

My only hang up with Hawk Power has been that they missed the quoted completion date (last weekend). We were planning a trip down there to their poker run in Destin last weekend as a shake down run, but the engines were not finished. I feel that I cannot really blame Hawk Power because that is generally the way the marine industry is, so it was somewhat expected. Todd told us to call him on Monday for a definite completion date.

Overall, my dealing with Hawk Power has not been any different than with 90% of the other marine shops. There are a few that seem to run on time, but the rest are always running behind. We will get a list of the parts used in the rebuild as well as the warranty and engine info in writing, but that is not because it is Hawk Power performing the work. I would request this information with anybody. If the shop is legit they should not have any problems supplying that info in writing. I will certainly keep you all posted on what happens with Hawk Power and the boat in general.

This Spring we are only making a few changes to the boat (like the engine rebuild), but this winter we are looking to tear the boat down and complete a major re-rig and rehab to bring it back to the level it deserves. I have talked to Phil at Lip-Ship about doing this for us and even though it is not a Cigarette he seemed open to the idea. We have purchased two Cigarettes from Phil and have had a lot of work done there and we have never been disappointed. A Lip-Ship edition Apache would be cool! Or, maybe Lucy can pull some strings and get me in with Bob Saccenti and the crew at Apache. Who knows, it may go back to Todd. We will see what happens and how his engines come out. Again, I will keep you all posted.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:56 PM
Registered

Default dyno hot duck?

todd posted pictures of his dyno once, perhaps a pull or two on the dyno is a good idea too.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

No doubt!
Old 06-20-2003, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hd,

did the kryptonite show up? i'm bringing my cafe over to kirk in the morning...he had you get your boat out before mine could get in...

sean
Old 06-20-2003, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a Miami-Rebuild---- Just add paint.

And a Miami 50/50 Warranty

50 Seconds or 50 Feet whichever comes first.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Registered

Default could be

you can take the blountstown outa Miami but you cant take the Miami outa Blountstown
Old 06-20-2003, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HUMMMMM....

I will just say this, after a $5,000 screwing that I recieved from Todd, I am considering some "Texas Justice" if you know what I mean....

The 45 Apache deal was a JOKE... Hot Duck, yes those "Fresh" motors needed freshing, I only got screwed out of $5,000, Travel Expense and two days of my time. I feel lucky.

TD

Quick Reply: Hawk power, searace, Todd & what ever else he is know calling his company.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.