Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Advice wanted - Formula/Scarab/Hustler >

Advice wanted - Formula/Scarab/Hustler

Notices

Advice wanted - Formula/Scarab/Hustler

Old 06-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2001 Cigarette Top Gun about 100 hours on the boat (bought new in 2002). 500 EFI's, XR's... still has about 4 years of warranties left on motors and drives. 2003 MYCO aluminum trailer with drive guard, tool box, spare...Also still under warranty.

I might have a new cat in the works (just got off the phone with the builder today), so I think I will need to sell the Cig.

I know it is a little above your price, but I would sell for about 220k.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:57 AM
Registered

James,

Yep, they took the Sunsation on trade. Power in the new boat is 500EFI's. It should be a great all-around boat for respectable speed, comfort & handling. If you see me out on the water in the summer, be sure to drop over and say hello.

By the way James, who would you recommend for custom audio installation? I want to get a kick a$$ stereo in the new boat. Should I consider Factory Auto Sound?
Old 06-25-2003, 08:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Factory Auto Sound all the way, you won't regret it, installation work is second to none, they have done several friends boats, they all sound great. Congrats on the new ride, maybe see you out there for the fireworks tonight.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:47 AM
Registered

Thanks Ran-Dom. I'll call them today.

What types of soundsystems do your friends have? Are their systems the same brand, or different? I'm not too familiar with who makes good aftermarket systems. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:26 AM
Registered

Troutly,

Thanks for the congrats. Paint design is Gold Imron Daytona Beach (red, blue, white), and no Stellings.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:29 AM
Registered

Mike it sounds awesome. I would go with Factory Auto Sound too. Find out if they can get you Babb speakers, don't use their subs but a ton of guys on here swear by their marine speakers. Other than that they should be able to point you in the right direction. Everyone has their prerferences on brands of equipment, I'm sure they'll hook you up.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

HP-J - in the last 2 months Factory has done 2 Velocity's a Hustler & a couple Baja's - all the boats are using diferent component's I'm using Alpine & Kicker Amps Pioneer speaker/subs & deck - depends how crazy you want to get DVD flip screen ect. - talk to factory & they will set you up properly, no doubt
Old 06-25-2003, 10:58 AM
Registered

Ran-Dom,

To give me an idea of budget, how much have your friend's spent on their systems? I've never bought a custom boat (or car) audio system. Thanks.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:11 AM
Registered

Mike, you will probably be around 3K+ for something that rocks pretty good installed. I put $2500 into my car and about the same into the boat ... the car is fine, the boat needs more for sure and it is smaller than yours.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Milord's about right about $2500 to start off with a good head unit, a decent amp & couple subs, do it right the first time - I've got about $4000 in mine, (started around $2500) than added to it . have to have good tunes

Quick Reply: Advice wanted - Formula/Scarab/Hustler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.