Like Tree0Likes

APBA Friends file Lawsuit in NY

Old 06-24-2003, 12:21 PM
MRSRICKEY

IT SEEMS AS IF THE RACERS ARE EITHER NAIVE OR DON'T CARE ABOUT THE WAY MIKE A. HAS LOST SOME RACES, THINK ABOUT IT, SARASOTA WAS A BIG APBA RACE FOR MANY YEARS, UNTIL LLC TOOK CHARITY MONEY AND NOW SBI HAS THE RACE. APBA HAS HAD A GREAT REPUTATION, THEY ARE TRYING TO PROTECT IT AT ITS 100 YEAR MARK. THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED AND WOULDN'T HAVE EXCEPT FOR MIKE A.

Old 06-24-2003, 12:29 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

My Boats: 98 Scarab 302 Sport

Seems as though Sarasota is back on the schedule for APBA.
in AUGUST.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by MRSRICKEY
IT SEEMS AS IF THE RACERS ARE EITHER NAIVE OR DON'T CARE ABOUT THE WAY MIKE A. HAS LOST SOME RACES, THINK ABOUT IT, SARASOTA WAS A BIG APBA RACE FOR MANY YEARS, UNTIL LLC TOOK CHARITY MONEY AND NOW SBI HAS THE RACE. APBA HAS HAD A GREAT REPUTATION, THEY ARE TRYING TO PROTECT IT AT ITS 100 YEAR MARK. THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED AND WOULDN'T HAVE EXCEPT FOR MIKE A.
Welcome to the board...
Where ya been? Seen a recent schedule lately?
Old 06-24-2003, 01:15 PM
ModMachine

When the city clearly doesnt care about the races or the racers, the event can end up losing its a$$.A promoter who sticks around in a no-win situation is just spinning his props.
Not Mike A.From what I see he is only looking out for the racers and protecting the program he has built.He's not going to waste everyones time and money on a location that wont give a s***.
Instead he will work on locations that want to work with Offshore and put on an outstanding event that benefits us all,where the locals WANT us to come back.And that's exactly what he is doing.But Some people are just too short minded to figure that out.
(Tell me if I am wrong but didn't the city of Sarasota send a seriously late bill to the LLC for something like $54,000 for 3 days of police security?When the previous years charge was about half that ? No matter how long the tradition,I think I'd say adios at that point too)

Last edited by ModMachine; 06-24-2003 at 02:07 PM.

Old 06-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron P
14-H. I'd still like to hear your plans for the future should you get the offshore division back from the LLC.

Also, your version of what started this mess would be wonderful to hear.
Ron,

The problem is 14-H is not on the APBA BOD he would have no say in how Offshore was run. He is the Stock Outboard Chairman.
He is involved in the lawsuit in NY only in that capassity because as SO chairman he was unable to conduct bussiness for his category because there was a question on who was the legal BOD of APBA. The LLC is in control of Offshore right now. More than likely the 2003 season will finish as is and the final outcome will not be known until after the season is over.

Grin
Old 06-24-2003, 02:21 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Uh, ok....who's on first? No, Who's on second, what's on first?

I wanna wear a dunce cap like Gordo. Please just wake me up when this is all over. My head hurts.

Nite.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:38 PM
14-H

Default Offshore Chairman's Job

Quote:
Originally posted by Grin&Barrett
Ron,

The problem is 14-H is not on the APBA BOD he would have no say in how Offshore was run. He is the Stock Outboard Chairman.

Grin
That is exactly correct. It is the Offshore Chairman's job to oversee the Offshore Category. 14-H.

Old 06-25-2003, 02:22 PM
14-H

Default Hearing on Friday the 27th

There is a hearing before the Judge in New York this Friday where the attorney's will be making legal argument with respect to this suit. 14-H.

Old 06-27-2003, 04:20 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 Callan 50

There was a hearing today.

Any updates?
Old 06-27-2003, 08:49 PM
Registered

My Boats: was a 89" Formula 311-SR1

What a mess. This A.P.B.A. vs. A.P.B.A.-Offshore L.L.C. is worse than the "manatee" issue here in Florida. Maybe the entire A.P.B.A. membership should make their voices heard, i.e. tell everyone involved to stop fighting like spoiled children and take a deep breath, look at the issue from an overview and do what's best for the sport of Offshore Racing. I heard this entire dispute started over $ 31,000. Don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, it's damned embarassing. It's time for all involved to check their egos at the door and resolve this, without making the lawyers rich. Outlaw