Notices

APBA Friends file Lawsuit in NY

Old 06-23-2003, 01:26 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Fever Mike
T2x, OK ya scared me with the "pecker" analogy! For a minute I thought maybe you stood on the other side of the street!

Actually there are races where more, lots more than just family's of racers attend. I would say Savannah, Sarasota, Tampa/St. Pete, Key West to name a few draw large crowds of people that love racing and getting out in the sun and enjoying all of the event activity's.
Mike
Mike:

I respectfully disagree, If you removed ALL of the racers, their crews, relatives, friends and sponsors...and local performance boat enthusiasts........ from even the events noted above..... I submit that you would have very few attendees (fans) left, and many of them would be curiosity seekers wondering what the banners are all about. This as opposed to, say, a car race or even the "X" games where fans travel hundreds, even thousands of miles....and/or watch on TV in large enough numbers to merit network telecasts.

Remember if your on OLN or HSN or even off hour Speed Channel....... you are not an "in demand" motorsport.

T2x............ I may not know much....but I do know the boat racing TV dynamic.
Old 06-23-2003, 01:58 PM
14-H

Default Translation

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Don't hold your breath...There will always be more questions than answers.

Translation: I know Hearn will eventually respond and I won't like what he says so I'll attempt to discredit the response even before it is made. 14-H.

Old 06-23-2003, 02:04 PM
ModMachine

Q. How do you make a long time volunteer apba chairman have a heart attack?
A: Tell him you are changing the way things "have always been done".
The smaller outboard categories have never been able to stand the thought of changes to APBA..,now you have the real reason behind this power struggle fiasco.
Back when licensees were given the right to have input in how APBA was run,the thought of losing even half the power to anyone caused this non professional group to totally flip out.
Ive seen 14H boast that the Kneerider categories have the most members,therefore,the mass power they hold will guarantee a win with any APBA vote.This kind of situation was witnessed in Detroit with the 150 member proxies Ed brought along to make sure his new plan for bylaws was guaranteed to happen.These 150 members didnt attend the APBA meeting but signed over their voting rights directly to Ed,and nobody else could do a damn thing about it. Plain and simple:They want to keep hold of the power and they will make it so us non-kneelers can never change APBA bylaws.God forbid they allow Offshore to have a say-so on where our $300,000 per year investment goes.
Now you see why it's so important to them that it STAYS "ONE MEMBER ONE VOTE" ? Because if things are left as they were before a major change like SEATAC, they will still have hold of the power at APBA.
Hearn and company are kneeriders from the get-go,and are bound and determined to keep us down at their level = no marketing, no promotion,no advancement,no TV,no recognition,no professionalism,no budget cuts,no growth,no new ideas for anyone but themselves.In other words=NO CHANGE EVER AT APBA.

Old 06-23-2003, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Translation

Originally posted by 14-H
Translation: I know Hearn will eventually respond and I won't like what he says so I'll attempt to discredit the response even before it is made. 14-H.
Wrong! Quite frankly, your track record of answering questions is poor. But, hell, maybe you're turning over a new leaf since joining OSO...

Still curious on what the grand plan is?
Old 06-23-2003, 02:13 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Default Re: Translation

Originally posted by 14-H
14-H....... you were going great........

Here's a little free advice.....take the high road and do not single out any of your detractors...... Leave that to those of us who know how to duke it out in the trenches.

Some of your most vocal opponents are guilty only of being over exuberant about their sport , without fully knowing what it is , or how it got here. In the long run most readers on this site are smart enough to tell the beef from the bull..... Have faith in that premise...and the truth will eventually win out in this as in most debates.

Finally, a lot of your opponents are good people who at the end of the day will do the right thing...after the case for it is proved...and the case against disproved.

Good luck....

T2x
Old 06-23-2003, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by ModMachine
This kind of situation was witnessed in Detroit with the 150 member proxies Ed brought along to make sure his new plan for bylaws was guaranteed to happen.These 150 members didnt attend the APBA meeting but signed over their voting rights directly to Ed,and nobody else could do a damn thing about it. Plain and simple:They want to keep hold of the power and they will make it so us non-kneelers can never change APBA bylaws.God forbid they allow Offshore to have a say-so on where our $300,000 per year investment goes.
Exactly, Modmachine!
The number of times this has been asked is innumerable.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Adivanman

Look at it from the other point of view for a minute. If you were to join APBA as a member, and could not attend a meeting where Offshore had a significant position on a specific matter, and MA called you for your support, would you not give him your proxy?

If proxy voting is allowed in the bylaws you can not fault members (assocation or board) for making their vote heard.

And modmachine, while I am impressed that biggotry can be projected into boating your point would have been better made if you tried a little class or composure.

Last edited by Adivanman; 06-23-2003 at 02:30 PM.

Old 06-23-2003, 02:23 PM
14-H

Default Kneeriders, what???

Originally posted by ModMachine

Ive seen 14H boast that the Kneerider categories have the most members,therefore,the mass power they hold will guarantee a win with any APBA vote.

Offshore to have a say-so on where our $300,000 per year investment goes.
Last time I checked, Inboarders sat down. OPC drivers, although outboarders, have power trim and, yes, sit down also.

Offshore members have not had a say so regarding the governance of their category since the license with Offshore was signed. Under that Agreement, the exclusive right to operate the offshore category on the part of the APBA was given to APBA Offshore PowerBoat Racing, LLC., a Florida Limited Liability Company. 14-H.

Old 06-23-2003, 02:40 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Adivanman
Look at it from the other point of view for a minute. If you were to join APBA as a member, and could not attend a meeting where Offshore had a significant position on a specific matter, and MA called you for your support, would you not give him your proxy?

If proxy voting is allowed in the bylaws you can not fault members (assocation or board) for making their vote heard.

And modmachine, while I am impressed that biggotry can be projected into boating your point would have been better made if you tried a little class or composure.
Hey Adivan....where ya been? It's good to see the other "King of Controversy" weigh in

T2x
Old 06-23-2003, 03:27 PM
ModMachine

Adivanman,
I dont have any idea what you mean by bigotry?Is it because I called them non-professional?If it was taken as some sort of slam against them,I certainly didnt mean it that way.
I know many kneelers.These guys enjoy being non-professional.They enjoy low cost and avoiding hassles of having to bow to sponsorship requirements and most want it to stay that way.Some refer to it as "grassroots racing".They savor the more relaxed atmosfphere. Just ask them.I never meant it as a slam.
You are right about the proxy situation being totally legal.But that doesnot mean it is the right way to run things.The way APBA is now,who ever has the most members holds the power. So as long as the non-professionals have more active members than us,it wont ever matter even if Allweiss gets a proxy from each and every one of us.They know they will always hold the power of APBA as long as Offshore grows no bigger and their are no new "Plans" like Seatac or tweaking of the bylaws changing the way directors are chosen.
And Ed and his friends know this.

Last edited by ModMachine; 06-23-2003 at 04:02 PM.

Quick Reply: APBA Friends file Lawsuit in NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.