Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
APBA Friends file Lawsuit in NY >

APBA Friends file Lawsuit in NY

Notices

APBA Friends file Lawsuit in NY

Old 06-23-2003, 04:34 PM
jackson_staley

ModMachine, the problem with the SEATEC plan was simply that it gave the power to govern to an elected board and a self appointed board. These board members would then have all the power within APBA to control all aspects of APBA including the power to change their contracts. Kind of like you owning a house and your tenants being able to change the terms of their lease and watch your checkbook. There were no checks and balances.
In offshore you had your right to govern yourselves taken away and given to a company that only answers to itself. The APBA Offshore LLC. What they say goes. Some may say what has been done has been great, some would say what has been done is BS. But the right to govern yourself is gone. So now some are complaining about the democratic actions of the rest of APBA in opposing the governing of APBA by self appointed leaders.
You can't have it both ways.
Maybe offshore is better for the APBA Offshore LLC. It depends on your point of view. I have read both sides here. But that is where it should end, at the offshore door.

Old 06-23-2003, 04:54 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's see..This thread is about..Oh yeh. Sticks and stones...

Any way as a fan, I heard that the race in Tampa (October??) has VIP spectator viewing on some popular bridge (can't remember which). Who do I contact about reservations??

OH!!! I agree with Baja---answer all the questions--but answer mine first..

TooOld (but younger than me)===I guess I'm in the latter group in your posting (along with most on this site I imagine!)
Old 06-23-2003, 05:14 PM
Registered

Too Old and gdfatha
There are probably 400-500 or more racing members in APBA, SBI, GLOPRA, OPA, POPRA etc. About 90% could care less about the politics and just show up and race. About 20 individuals are involved in these threads. About 18 attack LLC. If you guys let such a small % of the racing population turn you off to the entire sport than so be it. I just think it is absurd to pass judgment and use as the basis of your decision to "not be an fan of offshore" on the opinion of the vocal minority.

PS I guessed at the numbers based on the amount of boats I see attending races at all sanctioning bodies and figure 2 racing members per boat give or take. I think I am close

Last edited by ScottB; 06-23-2003 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:30 PM
Registered

PPS I only respond to attacks, I don't start s#$t
Old 06-23-2003, 05:34 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Originally posted by ScottB
Too Old and gdfatha
If you guys let such a small % of the racing population turn you off to the entire sport than so be it. I just think it is absurd to pass judgment and use as the basis of your decision to "not be an fan of offshore" on the opinion of the vocal minority.

PS I guessed at the numbers based on the amount of boats I see attending races at all sanctioning bodies and figure 2 racing members per boat give or take. I think I am close
=======
ScottB--You certainly mis read my post.. Would I "not be a fan of offshore" if I asked how I can make reservations for a race four (4) monts from today.?????

I pay and support the APBA Offshore membership every year.

AND.. I won't speak for Too Old but I'm almost certain he too loves the sport as a fan and booster..!!!!
Old 06-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

14-H. I'd still like to hear your plans for the future should you get the offshore division back from the LLC.

Also, your version of what started this mess would be wonderful to hear.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:02 PM
Registered

I guess I got the wrong impression from your previous post.
I look forward to meeting you in Savannah. I'll be the big blonde guy there with the purple boat. Stop by
Scott

PS We always do a BK Run for the whole team on busy days

Last edited by ScottB; 06-23-2003 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Byron

This is why I run Poker Runs, the same BS time and time again with APBA. grow up or your going to run off all the rest of your fans. This is sad!

Old 06-23-2003, 08:52 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,708 Likes on 3,785 Posts

To say everyone is tired of the BS, isnt this true with certain things of everyday life, politicians, lawyers,work, etc. the bottom line here is poker runs are popular, and racing has yet to hit the big time as some would say, but ask anybody if they had fun last month in Marathon, I personally dont think you will get a negative reply. With Savannah right around the corner, a Poker run there as well, If you as truly into performance boating this will be one of the best races of the year. So, all BS aside if you havent made those reservations yet, your burning daylight. And after attending the Savannah race, if you dont have a good time then you have this board to ***** and complain!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Registered

It would be awefully hard to go to Savannah and not have a wonderful time.

Quick Reply: APBA Friends file Lawsuit in NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.