Notices

ocean city md. info?

Old 06-20-2003, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ocean city md. info?

i am heading to ocean city md. next week and was thinking about taking my 25 checkmate. where is the closest ramp to the inlet and where are the safe places to go? I have heard horror stories about how shallow the bay side is and am thinking i should stay in the ocean as much as possible. any and all thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. also i have a low water pickup bravo (sand scooper) so deep water is a must!
Old 06-20-2003, 07:06 PM
Registered

As you head into OC on RT 50, make a right on golf coarse road and go down about a mile, the public launch is on the left..... plenty of parking for the trailer... after launch head out up the canal and it will run you right into the inlet.. North or South from there on the bay you have to really watch the bouys, it's well marked.... Seacrets is to the north on the right just before you go under the rt 90 brigde...
Old 06-20-2003, 07:37 PM
Registered

Have you been to the OC races in the past and went to the wet pits off of airport rd. Good place to luanch there..

Or maybe Golf course Rd. Not too sure if I was there I could tell Ya. I think it's right after the antique car museum???

Last edited by eMotiondriver; 06-20-2003 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:56 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

E-Mail HOT DUCK He lives there

Mike
Old 06-20-2003, 09:07 PM
Registered

thanks for all the info!! i thought there was a ramp there.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey mxz800 I lived down there the past two years. The county boat ramp on Golf Course road is your best bet well protected and plent of parking.

As for the bay down by the RT 50 bridge going north stay in the channel its very well marked but just take it easy gets kinda crowded on the weekends. Once in the bigger part of the bay by RT 90 you have a good amount of room with about 4-6 ft all over. Even on the other side of 90 there is a god amount of water with some nice little areas to beach at. When going into Seacrets they have buoys to tie up to then a water taxi will come and get you. DONT TRY THE PIER!!!!! Its really shallow in there. I had to walk my hydrostream out one day so be careful. Also there are two jet ski rental places right there so be on the look out for them.

The final part is watch out for the DNR and CG they are tough down there so keep and eye out. Going out in the ocean on a boat is really cool do take the boat and enjoy it!!!!
Old 06-21-2003, 04:35 AM
Registered

I have a 26' and to get into Seacrets, you can drive into the most outer bouys, then just walk it in a bit. At high tide, I can walk it in almost to the swim area, being in close you can hang on the boat, throw frisby in the water and enjoy the atmosphere. At low tide, stay out further, you can still walk in or take the shuttle... And Yes, VMike has it right... don't use the pier!!! It's about 6" deep... The epa won't allow them to dredge the area. Further North past the rt 90 bridge, follow the bouys all the way North, stay to the East, then some no wake area and you can hit Harpoon Hannah's, it's a restaurant with docks. ***ers Island is a great place just North of Seacrets, but you won't get in with your boat..... Great entertainment, very nice place, outdoor fire pits, nice cazebo on the pier.... Batman is usually there one night of the week.... BJ's on 1st street, North side of the drawbridge has easy boat parking, but it's a small little bar and doesn't get much activity... Then you have fishtales on about 24th st. good eats, tough getting a dock space and you might have to ask how to get your boat in there, it's very well marked. If you can get a chart, it would make your life easier... it is a tough place to navigate if you don't know the area, you won't get lost, you just need to know the channels.... It's really a great place!!! My brother has a home on the bay.... If we ever get some sunshine, we just might get down there again!!!!
Old 06-21-2003, 05:43 AM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Forget about the boat ramp and make you way up to 127th street and get donuts at the Fractured Prune. You will thank me later.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 06-21-2003, 07:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default OC

Hey,
Have a great time but, as others have said, be careful in the bay. With the amount of current back there, sandbars come and go every year. If you go north to the "ditch" where Harpoon Hannahs is, be very careful if you go further north into the next bay. Hug the shoreline on your left, or you will run aground in water that is less than 1 foot deep. Have a great time and remember, Common sense will take you a long way!!!

Craig Hall
Old 06-21-2003, 07:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

One more thing,
You might want to check with your Insurance agent and make sure that you will be covered in that area. Alot of policies are written in our area to a coverage area of the Ches. Bay and it's tributaries. OC is not one of them

Quick Reply: ocean city md. info?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.