Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I may be done boating for the season. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/52855-i-may-done-boating-season.html)

Crazyhorse 06-22-2003 08:19 AM

Mike, you're always welcome to come with us. Just bring Miller Lite for barb and a couple Cokes for me.

MACDAD260 06-22-2003 09:16 AM

The good news is that the motor started back up. It sounds like the alternator. Damn, always something isn't it.

How was Hardy? I wanted to go but, my wife is out of town this weekend and I knew my youngest son would rather do something else. I redid the brakes on my trailer and then we went to a Whitecaps game instead. Going out today, though. Get that boat running man. Summer is just getting started. Lots of good weather still to come.

See ya, Doug :cool:

lucy 06-22-2003 09:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hey foul we do not want no quitters here. fix it so you can break it again. thats boating.

cya lucy.............

dyno 06-22-2003 10:43 AM

Well Mike I wish my problem was that easy! sounds like you got it narrowed down, now get wrenching. My leaker is sitting on the garage floor as we speek. I'm down but I'm not out yet!
Good Luck!
Don

MnFastBoat 06-22-2003 12:35 PM

sounds like the last belt change could have been too tight and put to much of a load on the pully and fried it.
Hope that is all.
At least your boat has seen water. All mine has seen is rain :(

HyperBaja 06-22-2003 01:47 PM

Not to sound like a novice question... Did you check the kill switch? The wires soldered to the back of the kill switch? Happened to me, then I fixed a boat full of hot college chicks last summer it happened to!! :D

Waterfoul 06-22-2003 02:30 PM

Tommy, it will start now. But something is not right.

Have not looked into it today. Just don't feel like it.

HyperBaja 06-22-2003 02:37 PM

Just remember, that is better than yesterday when you thought you were done for the year. Good luck with the problem, hopefully it will be fixed in the next few days.

Tommy

obnoxus 06-22-2003 03:55 PM

Originally posted by Audiofn
Foul take out the alternator and bring it back to the rebuilder WITH OUT A WORD of anything but that the thing just died. Tell him you have two BRAND NEW batteries in the boat and can he check it out. I can almost guarantee to you that your alternator went into high charge mode and fried itself. Then the voltage dropped down to low for you to run on. You will be ok. If you still are broke let me know I am sure I can find a alternator that works for you to use for the rest of the summer. Just make sure you have two new batteries or test the ones you have. Good luck bro.

Jon

That was my thought to. Doesnt sound terminal. Get new batteries and see if the rebuilder will spot you a new alt and your off again !!!!

Good luck Mike !!!!!!

WETTE VETTE 06-22-2003 08:17 PM

Foul,
Good to see you, Travis, Whitey, Tinker, and your buddies at Hardy yesterday. We stayed today until 2:30 and had a great time. We will be making another trip up there sometimme in July so maybe we can do it again. Anyway, hopefully your boat is a simple problem and you will be back on the water soon. Take it easy!!
Craig