Notices

Thank you Kevin Schulte

Old 06-22-2003, 01:00 PM
Tom
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you Kevin Schulte

I took the batboat to Long Beach yesterday to gives rides to Kevin and Nort. After Nort's ride my fuel tank had leaked and we could not go out with Kevin, so he took us in his wonderfuul Cigarette Cafe Racer.

When we got back to the dock my boat had started sinking from a leak at the transom and without the help from Kevin I don't know where I would be. Kevin spent the rest of the day helping me to get my boat first on his trailer, then on mine after taking me to Huntington Beach to get my truck from the launch ramp there.

Kevin spent half his day helping me with my problems and I greatly appreciate it. I understand his company makes boat supplies of some kind. Perhaps as a thank you we could all be aware of his products so we can support him too. I just looked up his website listed in his profile. It says "Manufacturer of Factory Matched Accessories for your Boat * Personal Watercraft * ATV * Snowmobile * Motorcycle " and it is at http://www.hardlineproducts.com/home.html

Thanks again Kevin,

Tom

Last edited by Tom; 06-24-2003 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:54 AM
Tom
Registered

After two long days of working on the boat I finally got it started last night and am relieved that there was no engine damage so far. The fuel tank needs to be replaced and it was a major clean up job with salt water mixed with fuel everywhere, but the biggest scare is over. Other than the fuel tank it looks like at least another full day tomorrow working on it. Still need to figure out how the drive worked loose and how to get it tightened up onto the transom.
Old 06-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Tom
Registered

been running gallons of oil through the engine in a successful attempt to flush out all the water that got into the oil. The engine is working fine now and still seems to run just like it did before the disaster. Still need to work on the drive, the tank that was seperate from the sinking problem, and the various instruments and connections that got soaked. I am pretty sure the holly ignition box ate it because there was no spark when it was hooked up. I fortunately had an MSD box as a spare.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:18 PM
Registered

Tom,
Amy & I met Kevin in Havasu last April and were very impressed not only with Him as a person but with the success he has found with his company. I applaude his entrepreneurial spirit and to parlay it with his passion for boating has to make going to work fun everyday.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:05 AM
Tom
Registered

Originally posted by catmando
The way you drive that boat(like you stole it ), there's no doubt why you have problems with it. I would guess stuff finally worked loose from all the pounding, eh?
The way I see it - if you are going to have a boat that is a blast to drive in rough water, why idle around and hang out at the dock. A boat is so expensive anyway that you might as well have the fun you bought it for. I just need to get a better handle on maintenance.

I definitely drive it to have fun with it.