Notices

What a bummer

Old 06-23-2003, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy What a bummer

This weekend started out great, Friday:splashed the boat went out for a cruise to cedar point, chilled at the Sandusky sandbar boat was running awsome.(first sign of a problem )
Saturday woke up and went for a cruise, I was running her hard but we had perfect conditions. After about 20 minutes at WFO my tach started to drop so I shut her down and Popped the hatches. Smelled a little hot and was burning some oil. (If I was smart I would have gotten towed in) but no I needed to limp it in under power. Checked the oil and it looked good and still full so I fired her up, cranked real slow and wouldn't idle but I got her on plane and ran it back toward the marina at 2500rpm About 1000 feet from the marina she was breaking up real bad. My buddy opened the hatch and that poor bbc sounded like the end of the world. I let off the throttle and as soon as it got down to 2000rpm. DONE locked solid. Iprolly could have had a cheap rebuild if I towed in but instead I had to go for it and now I'm pretty sure its trashed. Still got towed in by a jet ski from the mouth of the marina. Owe well I'm done for the year. Definitely can't afford a new big block right now but when I get it back together its gonna be a brand new boat. I just finished the paint job last month. WHEN IT RAINS IT POORS.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:50 AM
Registered

BUMMER MAN!, remember that brass colored stuff that you found in your oil that everyone said was peices of bearing..................... If ya ever need a lift to the island, just let me know
Old 06-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Registered

Thrill,
ya I know But my distributor gear was trashed too, so I figured that was the only problem. The reason I didn't worry much was because the ******* I bought the boat from told be the motor only had 12 hours on it. Along with all the other lies. He totally misrepresented the boat. It took my 2 years to finally get the boat to the condition where I'm happy with it.
The only thing that sucks is once I get the new motor in it If I still decide to sell it someone is gonna get hooked up. And I'm gonna loose my ass. I'll never get nearly what I feel the boat is worth out if it.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:20 AM
Registered

Ya win some ya loose some, thats the way it goes, hang on to it for a while, it will grow on ya
Thats way too nice of a boat to sell right now anyway
Old 06-23-2003, 12:08 PM
Registered

You will never know if it is gone without tearing it down. Sorry to hear your season has been about 5 hours Wish you the best of luck on it, and hope it isnt to expensive.

Tommy
Old 06-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn dude...Bummer is right!
Sorry to hear it...Any major clues? What happened?
Old 06-23-2003, 12:15 PM
Registered

Default Sorry about your problem

You can come down and boat w/me anytime, seriously. Just let me know. Maybe it would give us an opportunity to plan out my stereo better in the boat!

Missed a great time at the Creek & fireworks. Tommy, was in rare form, pimping that is. Told some chicks about winning the lottery and they fell for it

Again, sorry for your trouble.

Mike
Old 06-23-2003, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
Thrill,
ya I know But my distributor gear was trashed too, so I figured that was the only problem. The reason I didn't worry much was because the ******* I bought the boat from told be the motor only had 12 hours on it. Along with all the other lies. He totally misrepresented the boat. It took my 2 years to finally get the boat to the condition where I'm happy with it.
The only thing that sucks is once I get the new motor in it If I still decide to sell it someone is gonna get hooked up. And I'm gonna loose my ass. I'll never get nearly what I feel the boat is worth out if it.

The dude I bought my boat from did the same thing. Said it had a NEW crate motor installed 2 yrs ago. Then said the outdrive was brand new a year ago. Both looked decent (appearance wise) so I believed him. When I tore the motor down, the heads looked like they came off a Saltwater tuna boat from the 1960s! The drive lasted about 5 minutes. Id like to go back and introduce this guys knee caps to my baseball bat! Wanna help?

Old 06-23-2003, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man what a bummer, I'm good for a couple rides. Even more if you can bring a DD or hook us up with babysitters.

Did you crack the block or can you tell? Fowler Engines did my engines really reasonable. It worth the trip to Columbus.

When I wanted my 454 Mag EFI's done he quoted $4k for new pistons bore deck bearings roller cam roller rockers. If you see his shop you will be in awe. Of course I did not do that route.

Call or PM if you know what exactly was trashed, I'll hook you up.
Old 06-23-2003, 01:22 PM
Registered

I won't know what went till I tear it down. From the sound it was clearly a spun bearing or two , or three, and one mean ass rod nock. My bilge is spotless, was spotless from the omount of oil in the bilge now I'm pretty sure the block is FUBAR. It'd be real nice though if the mains held on and only rod bearings spun.
Thanks for the concern. Hey thats powerboating, take the good with the bad. I juust wish the guy wouldn't have been so full of b.s. I'd prolly have spent my money alittle differently.

Quick Reply: What a bummer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.