Wisconsin noise laws (per MR. dick) >

Wisconsin noise laws (per MR. dick)

Notices

Wisconsin noise laws (per MR. dick)

Old 06-25-2003, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Demeanor,

Enforcement of these "ordinances" always has been and always will be about MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$ Don't even try to tell me the DNR or any other piss ant enforcement agency doesn't get a dime of these fines. They're a beneficiary of these fines, taxes, whatever, by way of trickle down funding. That's how government works. I see you live in the NW suburbs, our very own Chain O' Lakes and Fox Waterway mgmt. admit to wanting more % from fines levied. This article was in the NW Herald newspaper Jan-Mar sometime. I agree with you about running quite at the appropriate times, but anyone issued one of these bogus tickets needs to challenge it in court. Yes, this means time off from work, and the frustration/aggravation of the municipal courts, but these bogus laws that have questionable legality and enforcibility need to be challenged. My last point : Why is it that all the cops who enforce these petty ordinances have an ATTITUDE?????
Old 06-25-2003, 08:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Ron s,
This is the exact same thing that happened to me at the mouth of the Wolf River on sunday. They had a spoter and as soon as I saw the no wake, I was off plane and had mufflers on. this is just plane old harrassement. I understand the DNR is "doing their job", but let's be resonable about this. 86 decibles is unreasonable. I was not being cocky or showing off. I was mearly out to have a nice Sunday ride with my wife and some friends. The destination was the bridge bar for lunch. The DNR like I have said earlier, "do not want our kind of boats on the water up there, our job will be complete when you are off this water way" Real nice. If I treated people like this at my job, I would'nt have a job any longer.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:47 AM
liquidlocomotive

Attitude=deadend, low paying job, working on the weekend in a dark uniform in the sun, while others are having fun in their nice boats. they relize they are not out saving wildlife which was there euphoric dream as teenages and drugged up college kids. So this is there way of asserting the little bit of power on to the people that are ruining their dreams with their combustion engines. Mini - Al Gores. Dear load someone defund them!

Old 06-25-2003, 09:07 AM
Registered

Liquidlocomotive,

Well said. We can all take solace in the fact that none of these deadends will ever have the opportunity to take part in powerboating. If the one DNR officer discussed above gets his way, and eliminates "our type," he'll need to look for a new career, perhaps a toll booth collector or prison guard would be appropriate.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Preferredstock

Hydro Power (Dan) Thanks for the fast action. As soon as we get the mufflers we will install them and let you know our results. If they work I'm sure you will get a lot of request's for them.
We are installing them on 540cu in 625HP carb. Engines 86Db is the goal.

Bill

Old 06-25-2003, 12:31 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I was on the phone today with a member of the Oskosh government. He was not aware of the DNR and their new policy on noise. He was very concerned about this problem and the potintial impact on the local economy. He promised to look into the issue for us. When we were talking it was briefly mentioned that other local government bodies would also have an interest in a our predicament. I'm thinking that a couple of letters need to be written to some of these officials. We might just have better luck with the local officals than the state government. I'd just hate for Oshkosh to become the next Redwing.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:07 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Cord
I'd just hate for Oshkosh to become the next Redwing.

Cord, I can tell you that Redwing is nowhere near as bad as what I heard this past weekend up in Oshkosh. 100 tickets in one weekend is out of control.

Preferred Stock, did you install new motors in your 357? or are you installing those muffs on another boat? Donny blew up his drive again :0...that damn procharger has given him grief.

Jeff
Old 06-25-2003, 01:16 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Little Tommy
Maybe we should all get together and show up with all the biggest, baddest, and LOUDEST boats we can find if they have a problem we can tell theam that the sheets on the blowboats irritate us when they start to set sail.

In all seriousness whatever you need from me will be gladly provided.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Registered

Cord, I can tell you that Redwing is nowhere near as bad as what I heard this past weekend up in Oshkosh. 100 tickets in one weekend is out of control.
Nope I don't think Red Wing is nearly that bad.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:11 PM
Registered

Tommy: good talking to you yesterday. I can't send you a PM. Here is the website, if you have a problem, let me know. I use it quite a bit. http://wcca.wicourts.gov/
It also works well to check out prospective business contacts in the state of Wisconsin. MB

Quick Reply: Wisconsin noise laws (per MR. dick)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.