Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Help, Okie visiting Havasu! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53015-help-okie-visiting-havasu.html)

OkieTunnel 06-23-2003 10:22 PM

Help, Okie visiting Havasu!

I will arrive in Havasu City on the evening of the 28th of June (this Saturday). My hotel is in the city and close to the water. I am going to spend the 29th and 30th on the water but have never been in the area. Where should I go? I want to get on lake Havasu and also thought it might be cool to check out the Parker Strip. Where should I put in? Where should I head? Who's going to be there? July 1st I haven't decided what I will do but we are going to pull up to Paige and checkout Powell on the 2nd - 4th.

Aka8953121 06-23-2003 11:56 PM

Oakie

Try "warlock alley" down by the bridge. It is a hangout for all the Warlocks. REALLY cool place.

OkieTunnel 06-24-2003 10:26 PM

I will look for the Warlocks AKA, I would like to see yours after talking to you last night about your setup and prop. I am thinking about buying a 31sxt actually. Anybody else have any advice?

Krumbsnatcher 06-25-2003 12:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If you go to havasu you have to plan on going to the Blankeship Bend or otherwise known as the sandbar. The only place to launch is on the island over the bridge at the marina. It has good parking and is only $10 a day.

When you come out of the bay head towards the bridge in the channel, you will see lots and lots of boats just mooring and lots of partying going on, but nothing like you will see at sandbar.

Now continue through the channel till you exit back into the norht part of the lake contine noth till you enter the river, be careful to check the water levels prior so you know what the water levels are safe, you only need about 3' on plane to get over the river mouth to the lake so you should be ok.

Follow the other boats they are all going to the sandbar. It should take you about 20 minutes on the river and you will see you can not miss it there will probably be about 400 boats just kicking it!

Bring two anchors one for the front and one for the back, depending on the water levels, you will need them to stop your boat moving in the current. You can usually get around by wading in knee deep water. The water is a bit chilly but feels good in the 110 degree heat.

The parker strip in my opinion is fun to party in your boat and drink otherwise the lake has much more to offer. Just ask someone on the lake for the hot spots and they will say Sandbar!

Most important have fun.

This picture is on the river after you leave the lake on the way to the sanbar.

Hope that helps.

Krumbsnatcher 06-25-2003 12:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the boys running with us!

Krumbsnatcher 06-25-2003 12:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some more scenery of the river past sand bar

Krumbsnatcher 06-25-2003 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
cruisin to the bar at topock bridge (50 minutes up river)

Krumbsnatcher 06-25-2003 12:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my girl at the dock near london bridge

Krumbsnatcher 06-25-2003 12:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally me at a place we call Disney land cove, it is a large cove where boaters gather.

OkieTunnel 06-25-2003 10:25 PM

Hey thanks krumbsnatcher, thats exactly the kind of info I am looking for...