source for old style clarion remotes? >

source for old style clarion remotes?

Notices

source for old style clarion remotes?

Old 06-23-2003, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts
Default source for old style clarion remotes?

anybodyknow where to find the older style clarion remote controls? The IR remote is a little credit-card looking deal that uses a watch battery. Also available was a "holder" for the remote that allowed you to use it far away from the head unit. The holder was hardwired to the headunit and had a little "IR target" inside it. You could put the remote inside the case and use it thru a clear plastic cover, or you could hold the remote in your haND and aim it at the target on the holder thing...

having hard time finding any,.

Alternately, does anybody know of a universal remote that will do the Clarion codes (or are the Clarion codes the same as somebody else's?)
Old 06-24-2003, 12:20 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you try West Marine OR Clarion's website
Old 06-24-2003, 07:24 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you thought about the hard wired remotes that they have now? You can run more then one. I know exactly what unit you are talking about. I will check with my wharehouse out this way but they have not made that unit in a number of years.

Jon
Old 06-24-2003, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

hey, I'd LOVE to splice in the cool new backlit hardwired remote. I've got 3 locations that I'd love to add (this is for the cruiser, the Formula is just fine with a single remote on the Kenwood).

I didn't know if the newer style was at all compatible. I don't have any wiring diagram or pinout for the old one so I wasn't sure how much trial and error with a soldering gun I was in for.

If anybody has info on how to splice one in, it'd be great. I might can probably figure it out if I had to, but I'd hate to spend a rainy weekend doing the solder and try thing, only to find out it can't be done.

As far as the clarion website, I called a tech there and they do still have a few old ones in stock, but they are apparently made of gold. He also had no idea if the new style could be made to work. (why do they call them techs if they don't know anything technical?)