Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Erie Sandbar (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53125-lake-erie-sandbar.html)

SeaNDouble 06-25-2003 10:14 AM

Lake Erie Sandbar

A lot of talk about great sandbar parties at other lakes (havasu, LOTO, etc.), never heard about anything on Lake Erie. We hang out a lot on the sandbar just NE of Maumee Bay State Park, but very few seem to know about it. Obviously, great times at Put in Bay and Kelley's, but where are all the great sandbar times in Western Erie?

rws 06-25-2003 10:23 AM

Are you referring to The Bar off of Little Cedar Point? I have seen boats there but we typically hang out either on the west or east side of woodtick peninsula depending on wind direction or sometime up at the "Hothole" .What kind of boat do you have ?I have a little black & white Cigarette.

Rob

THRILLSEEKER 06-25-2003 11:17 AM

JUST ONCE could probably tell you all about it, I think he goes there a lot:confused:

Scott 06-25-2003 11:29 AM

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I really need to head west more often:D

Bam Bam 06-25-2003 11:38 AM

Not sure if you guys are refering to the same place or not because I do not know the name, but south of Long Point (canadian side) there is a beach that was very busy and hopping last time I was there 3yrs ago.

Look forward to someone responding who knows.

I am hoping to make out there sometime this year.

SeaNDouble 06-25-2003 12:44 PM

Don't know whether it's little cedar point, or not, I'd have to look at a chart. But it's just to the NE of Maumee Bay State Park. Very rarely more than a couple boats. Sometimes go to woodtick, but the water is usually pretty nasty coming out of the Ottawa River and it's usually pretty tame. If the hothole is what some call Warm water bay (by Monroe power plant), that seems a little tame too. Just wondered where the big party places are. Maybe need to start one.

btw, I have a Powerquest Conquest, white with red, maroon and grey stripes.

JUSTONCE 06-25-2003 12:47 PM

I go to the sand bar across from cedar point in sandusky bay. I love the fact that its a secret. There's always enough people there but not over exposed.

Erie Desire 06-25-2003 01:10 PM

Originally posted by rws
Are you referring to The Bar off of Little Cedar Point? I have seen boats there but we typically hang out either on the west or east side of woodtick peninsula depending on wind direction or sometime up at the "Hothole" .What kind of boat do you have ?I have a little black & white Cigarette.

Rob

Can you still get into the "HOTHOLE"? Last time I was in there it was pretty shallow. I am referring to the Detroit Edison coal burnung power plant in Monroe. Same Hothole I trust?

TEAMBAJA 06-25-2003 01:12 PM

Originally posted by THRILLSEEKER
JUST ONCE could probably tell you all about it, I think he goes there a lot:confused:

You will be going there with us this summer! Cant stay at Kellys all the time. There is alot of drinking to be done at the sandbar!:D

SeaNDouble 06-25-2003 01:18 PM

No one for anything closer to the Maumee River? The Sandusky Bay sandbar sounds great, but pretty far for a day trip ( I come from a club about 5 miles up the Maumee River). If I go that far, usually end up at PIB.