Notices

Lake Erie Sandbar

Old 06-25-2003, 10:14 AM
SeaNDouble

Default Lake Erie Sandbar

A lot of talk about great sandbar parties at other lakes (havasu, LOTO, etc.), never heard about anything on Lake Erie. We hang out a lot on the sandbar just NE of Maumee Bay State Park, but very few seem to know about it. Obviously, great times at Put in Bay and Kelley's, but where are all the great sandbar times in Western Erie?

Old 06-25-2003, 10:23 AM
rws
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you referring to The Bar off of Little Cedar Point? I have seen boats there but we typically hang out either on the west or east side of woodtick peninsula depending on wind direction or sometime up at the "Hothole" .What kind of boat do you have ?I have a little black & white Cigarette.

Rob
Old 06-25-2003, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JUST ONCE could probably tell you all about it, I think he goes there a lot
Old 06-25-2003, 11:29 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I really need to head west more often
Old 06-25-2003, 11:38 AM
Registered

Not sure if you guys are refering to the same place or not because I do not know the name, but south of Long Point (canadian side) there is a beach that was very busy and hopping last time I was there 3yrs ago.

Look forward to someone responding who knows.

I am hoping to make out there sometime this year.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:44 PM
SeaNDouble

Don't know whether it's little cedar point, or not, I'd have to look at a chart. But it's just to the NE of Maumee Bay State Park. Very rarely more than a couple boats. Sometimes go to woodtick, but the water is usually pretty nasty coming out of the Ottawa River and it's usually pretty tame. If the hothole is what some call Warm water bay (by Monroe power plant), that seems a little tame too. Just wondered where the big party places are. Maybe need to start one.

btw, I have a Powerquest Conquest, white with red, maroon and grey stripes.

Old 06-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Registered

I go to the sand bar across from cedar point in sandusky bay. I love the fact that its a secret. There's always enough people there but not over exposed.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:10 PM
Registered

Originally posted by rws
Are you referring to The Bar off of Little Cedar Point? I have seen boats there but we typically hang out either on the west or east side of woodtick peninsula depending on wind direction or sometime up at the "Hothole" .What kind of boat do you have ?I have a little black & white Cigarette.

Rob
Can you still get into the "HOTHOLE"? Last time I was in there it was pretty shallow. I am referring to the Detroit Edison coal burnung power plant in Monroe. Same Hothole I trust?
Old 06-25-2003, 01:12 PM
Registered

Originally posted by THRILLSEEKER
JUST ONCE could probably tell you all about it, I think he goes there a lot

You will be going there with us this summer! Cant stay at Kellys all the time. There is alot of drinking to be done at the sandbar!
Old 06-25-2003, 01:18 PM
SeaNDouble

No one for anything closer to the Maumee River? The Sandusky Bay sandbar sounds great, but pretty far for a day trip ( I come from a club about 5 miles up the Maumee River). If I go that far, usually end up at PIB.

Quick Reply: Lake Erie Sandbar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.