Notices

baja vs. scarab?

Old 06-30-2003, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 26' was 15 years old with an Alpha drive. You're on you're way to stardom.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:54 AM
Registered

Can I get in on the race at the cincinnati run? oh i forgot A POKER RUN IS NOT A RACE
Old 06-30-2003, 10:57 AM
Registered

Default GETTEM 5!!!

but you'd better hurry before the infamous POOF
Old 06-30-2003, 11:05 AM
Allan4

I guess Sea ya has had his 2 beers for the night. Why can't we run our own Poker Run??

Just curious. Oh.....that's right, you imposed a size limit on the entrants, I almost forgot. SOrry, I guess we better pay attention to your rules or you will out run us. Geeee, wouldn't that be aweful. A boat that's probably 10 feet bigger and 3 x as expensive might outrun me.....you are breaking my heart. What would be really interesting is to see who can drive who's boat faster......hmmmmmm, that usually settles alot of arguements.

Anyway, I doubt you are gonna turn many heads in Cincy. Seems to be plenty of boys around here that can take ya out back the wood shed in any race. Just show up and ask, won't be a shortage of 100mph+ boats running around.

Hey CFD5, what's up chief....

Old 06-30-2003, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What, no more comments about size? Would that 15 year old scarab be one of those nuisance boats you were talking about? There you go, khadley has thrown out the challenge. You guys have about the same size boat right? I saw you at the cincy poker run too. Maybe next time you should start with your own class instead of dead last and running through the field of "nuisance" boats trying to act tough. You never did catch thoses guys did you, but keep on trying. Whatever makes you feel good about yourself.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey A4. How's the 24 Outlaw running? Probably not as good as See Ya's mouth.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:21 AM
Registered

I like Bajas, but I like to go fast and I like to go to Lake Erie and the Atlantic.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:22 AM
Allan4

Originally posted by catmando
Allan4,

You dusted a Daytona in a Baja??? Then you ran P5??? Assuming the first is true(I have SERIOUS doubts about that), how did you then qualify for a 60-70MPH race class???
Ahhhhh Cat, as usual, your facts are wrong and you are passing judgement without knowing any of the info. Some things never change. Bad information + judgemental attitude + anger = wrong answer.

The Daytona has a stock 454mag and runs 66-67 with 2 guys, atleast this one did. It was really choppy and the boat was new (to that driver). I out ran him. Pretty simple. He is a freind of mine. Would it make you any happier if I told you that JDNCA1's 28 Daytona with 500efi's blasted me about 5 minutes later? Can you sleep now, or do you need to try to dig up something else on me? Keep trying Cat.....Look before you leap...also the P5 class is 60-69, not 70.

Now, go back to following me around the board and trying to catch me make a mistake.....you are now 0-1.

Damn...the entire point to this thread is to help a guy pic between a Baja and a Scarab, and as usual, a few guys with urine between the ears jump in and screw it up. Go check out my first post on this thread.....pretty benign, don't ya think

Later......

Old 06-30-2003, 11:43 AM
Registered

According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary online:

Main Entry: scar·ab
Pronunciation: 'skar-&b
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French scarabee, from Latin scarabaeus
Date: 1579
1 : any of a family (Scarabaeidae) of stout-bodied beetles (as a dung beetle) with lamellate or flabellate antennae

There you have it folks! The Scarab is OFFICIALLY a DUNG BEETLE!

Please write down this information for future reference!
Old 06-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Allan4

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Catmando, good eye! I was wondering the same thing about Allan4. As the Outalw Series (P-Class) director and soon to be back on board in August I find this very interesting too.
Mike Carter
Mike, good too see you are getting well, I'm sure you got my pm. It seems you are definitley making the best of your situation.

The boat, in race setup, with some ballast and a load of fuel runs right at the top edge of that speed limit. The gas weight really slows it down, plus in order to keep it drivable in chop you need to be conserative on the trim and tabs. I ran the Cincy race, in the river with 3 mph current and did not break the limit. I could not have broken it if I wanted to going up river, not even close. I had to be careful down river, but that is part of dealing with the conditions. Still water with that setup and it is right in that 68-69 range. A heavy boat with a low x, a race crew, race gear, 400lbs of fuel and 500 hp is not much of a speed demon

My point of mentioning this was that while other people are out bashing Baja's as "junk" and "cheap", I kept my mouth shut and went out and won a P5 race in mine. Not to prove anything to anyone, I just wanted to race and can't afford a $500k race boat. So, If that doesn't tell people something about these boats, then they are not thinking correctly. No, they are not Fountains or Cigs....but they are good boats for the price and they will handle the abuse if the crew can.

Maybe some people on here have to know how to drive a boat, just not talk about how fast it can go.

Adios....

Quick Reply: baja vs. scarab?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.