Notices

Garage floor help

Old 06-26-2003, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage floor help

Im looking to put a Black & White checkered floor (winners circle) in the work area of my garage. The area is about 12'x22'. I think that 2' squares are about the size I am looking for. Does anyone have ideas on where to get these or different ones available. The standard linoleum ones are very slick with wet street bike tires. Ive seen textured ones on one of the Hot Rod shows on cable that looked might they might even be perrelli?

The rest of the floor is going to be painted, any recommendations on that would also be appreciated.

By the way the garage is soon going to be one of the nicer rooms in the house
Old 06-26-2003, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did it with epoxy paint on the floor on my shop. It turned out great, but it's a pain in the butt to keep clean.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Gold Member

I am not sure about the tiles to use, but I did paint my floor. Or better description is epoxy... It was a 2 part "paint" that I put on the floor and put in a bit of sand into it for traction. Looks AWSOME. I put a medium grey on it. I would like to know about the checkerboard also, I have thought about doing that myself.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:50 AM
Registered

Here's the link for the tiles you saw at the car show. I met these guys at SEMA a few years ago and their product is really nice. They can do custom colors as well. Good luck on your garage, we will have to see some before/after pics!

Link: http://www.racedeck.com/
Old 06-26-2003, 09:50 AM
Registered

Check out Home Depo in the flooring dept. My buddy did his in the black and white checkered pattern and he got 2' tiles that were some sort of clay and plastic mix. They look great and not as slick as linoleum. I think he got them at Home Depo or Lowes. I'll try to call him and find out for sure.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The checkered flag wasn't bad to do, just alot of tape work. The only real problem I had was I screwed up and didn't put a clear epoxy over it. I've only had one problem. A few of the corners where I had taped them pulled up a little.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:11 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

We did exactly what your after, I purchased 1'x1' black and white tiles. They are made of vinyl and are super durable. The installer thought it looked to busy in a one foot by one foot pattern, so he simply put four together 2 x 2'.
You clean the area well, let it dry, put down the glue with a trowell and let it dry, then place the tile in the pattern you desire. When we finished I put down four coats of clear floor polish you get at the gocerie store.
It looks awsome, for cleaning I use ZEP no wax floor cleaner. The only draw back is the hot bike tires will discolor the white tiles to yellow. So let them cool or simply land the wheels on two black ones. Dont forget to place a thin block under you kickstand.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:06 AM
Registered

Default Check these out.

This site has everything you could want for the garage. These tiles are pricy but very nice.

Tiles
Old 06-26-2003, 01:07 PM
Registered

Griots Garage has everything you could ever want to make even the wife jealous of your garage. They have the tile you mention that is impervious to everything (brake fluid, gas, oil, etc.) They also have the best floor paint made.

However.........it's expensive. Be prepared to pick yourself up off the floor when you see the prices........
Old 06-26-2003, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Madmax
Griots Garage has everything you could ever want to make even the wife jealous of your garage. They have the tile you mention that is impervious to everything (brake fluid, gas, oil, etc.) They also have the best floor paint made.

However.........it's expensive. Be prepared to pick yourself up off the floor when you see the prices........
Holy crap!!!! Those tiles are EXPENSIVE!!!!!

No wonder your wife's jealous!!!!

Quick Reply: Garage floor help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.