Lake Conroe & Lake Sommerville, Texas >

Lake Conroe & Lake Sommerville, Texas

Notices

Lake Conroe & Lake Sommerville, Texas

Old 06-25-2003, 05:16 PM
hobnobbin

Cool Lake Conroe & Lake Sommerville, Texas

Hello Everyone,

I am brand new to this forum and I thought I would introduce myself and give a little history. The reason for this is because my wife and I are looking for fellow boaters to "hang out" with. First off, we do not have a high-performance boat (not good). My 1st boat was the obligatory 17' 5" open bow with an 88 horse Johnson (in my case a Sunbird). I bought it in 1988 and used it every weekend on Lake Somerville in Texas. In 1995 we moved to Conroe, Texas and in 1997, we traded in the Sunbird. I wanted a go-fast and she wanted a bathroom. I was interested in the possibility of going off-shore fishing and that damn salesman had real good ears and a knack of painting a pretty good picture. Before I knew what had happened, I had figured out how much money I could spend and bought a boat 2 sizes bigger than I could afford. We have had our 26' Wellcraft Excell for 6 years now and still can't afford to buy the 25' or 29' Baja Outlaw we really want on account of the buying 2 sizes bigger than we could afford (stretch out financing too long and you go way upside down). Anyway, most of our friends live out of town or have kids (which we don't mind) but as a result they always have other plans. Well we like to go out on the lake every weekend if we can help it and it is always more fun when ya have a few people to hang out with, so....... If you hang out on Conroe and you're interested in meeting some new friends, we visit Papas and hang out at the dam, sometimes we swing by the Del Lago sports bar and so on. Send some replies to this post.... if not it was fun saying hello anyways....

HOBNOBBIN

Last edited by hobnobbin; 06-25-2003 at 06:20 PM.

Old 06-25-2003, 06:22 PM
hobnobbin

Thanks Cat,

We'll do that...

Old 06-25-2003, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get on Conroe every now and then, i'm from Beaumont, and Conroe does have a radar run and a poker run every year put on by TOPPS club, we also have a member on the board that lives on lake Conroe, has a 25 outlaw, also outlaw baby? and nasdboy boat there, well the poker run is August 2nd? i think, need to look at my calander, next time i get that way I will look you up, might be there for the 4th of july
Mark
Old 06-25-2003, 09:52 PM
Registered

We go camping at Sommerville alot, main reason is it is close to the house. We camp at Big Creek. Only go to Conroe once or twice a year. Look us up when you are there.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:59 PM
hobnobbin

Thumbs up

Thanks Turbo,

We don't go to Sommerville too often anymore, last time was a Dogs on Hogs Rally a few years ago, but my outlaws still live in Brenham and we do visit them quite often. One of those visits, I'll plan on bringing down the boat and look ya up....

Old 06-26-2003, 07:37 PM
hobnobbin

Exclamation

Hey Mark,

Sorry, I thought I replied to you last night, but it was kinda late and I guess I did not... Thanks dropping in and if you do come in on the 4th, my wife and I are definitely planning on being on the lake that weekend.

Old 06-26-2003, 07:51 PM
Registered

Cool, there are some from the clear lake area heading up to Conroe for the 4th, if i make it i will be in my 29 outlaw, its white with purple SST graphics on it, hope to see you,
Mark
Old 06-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Registered

Hey 105 whats going on, so what ya doing for the 4th? how is the fountain running? well this saturday i'm taking my girlfriend to Kemah, going to hit the boardwalk and have some good food and drinks, i'm still open on what the hell to do for the 4th? so keep them post rolling in, what's up on the 4th, lets hear it!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Registered

We will be there on the 4th 5th 6th staying at del lago, look us up we'll be in a white stryker equalizer with a radar arch with teal & pink on it. We will be at Papas both nights.

kyle
Old 06-28-2003, 08:49 AM
hobnobbin

Cool

Really looking forward to the 4th of July weekend. Plan to try and be on the lake all weekend long....