Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What is your Tow Vehicle/What are you Towing? >

What is your Tow Vehicle/What are you Towing?

Notices

What is your Tow Vehicle/What are you Towing?

Old 10-09-2003, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

sharkey...Good looking truck. Shouldn't have any trouble towing that's for sure.

What model Leer is that and how much did they charge you? It looks like the 100XQ. It just so happens that I'm a Leer dealer. Just want to make sure they didn't stick it in ya.

Buck
Old 10-09-2003, 04:45 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by buck183
sharkey...Good looking truck. Shouldn't have any trouble towing that's for sure.

What model Leer is that and how much did they charge you? It looks like the 100XQ.

Buck
Thanks Buck!
Yes it is the 100XQ w/front Slider Drop Out Window, Carpeting, Cargo Light, and 3rd L E D Brake Light
$1300 w/factory coupon.
Hopefully the leaking windows have been taken care of...
This was very different from the cap I was shown and what I was expecting. It took awhile but I am starting to like it...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-11-2003, 11:45 PM
Registered

Originally posted by sharkeymarine
Thanks Buck!
Yes it is the 100XQ w/front Slider Drop Out Window, Carpeting, Cargo Light, and 3rd L E D Brake Light
$1300 w/factory coupon.
Hopefully the leaking windows have been taken care of...
This was very different from the cap I was shown and what I was expecting. It took awhile but I am starting to like it...
That's a VERY fair price for that shell. I think MSRP is around $1650 with basic factory options. From the looks of the price they didn't break it off in you.

Keep me updated on any problems that you have with it. I like getting as much feedback as possible about the products that I sell.

Buck
Old 10-12-2003, 12:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wise choice Sharkey, you will LOVE the Dodge
Old 10-12-2003, 07:10 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally posted by 105mph_38_2003
Wise choice Sharkey, you will LOVE the Dodge
So far I think I did...
My two daughters ages 2 & 4 are loving it as well as the wife. We have been going for day trips on the weekends up in the mountains with it and it is a whole other feeling being in a truck that doesn't struggle with the inclines.
We just returned from Pennsylvania. We packed a few things just incase it turned into along day. We took a road that runs along the Delaware River on the Pa side,drove all the way to the Delaware Water Gap. From there, we ended up by Scranton, Pa. thinking that it wouldn't be any problem getting a room... Boy! Was I wrong! Everything was sold out all the way back to Stroudsberg. We were lucky enough to get the last room available there too. When the person at the desk in Scranton asked which way we were headed, I told him no particuliar direction...we're just out for a drive.... Breaking in the Diesel just right if you know what I mean....
I figured it wasn't Ski Season yet, there would be plenty of rooms. Apparently there was a Lumber Jack contest and I think something to do with a Steam Train? Read an article it ran out of water and the firemen replenished it from a fire hydrant...LOL

Old 10-12-2003, 07:14 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally posted by buck183
That's a VERY fair price for that shell. I think MSRP is around $1650 with basic factory options. From the looks of the price they didn't break it off in you.

Keep me updated on any problems that you have with it.

Buck
That's good to know...
So far I think the leaking windows issue is resolved. I gave it a good wash the other day and couldn't find any wet carpet.

Old 10-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Troutly
Buck,

How has LEER been over the last few years as far as customer support and quality?

I had a cap of theirs back in the mid-90's and hated it. The customer support sucked, too. Have not heard much about them in the last few years.
That's a good question Troutly. I just got authorized as a dealer for them this month. That's the reason I was asking Sharkey about pricing and feedback on the product. I have heard of a few customer service issues from them myself through other sources. I hope these cases are few and far between. I don't need the headache. I can tell you that I grilled the rep for all it was worth about customer service and warranty issues. It's a big pet peeve of mine to sell a product that makes me look bad.

Leer is the 4th company I have sold through my store since I opened it 6 years ago. The first three I bought through warehouses. The reason I am going with Leer is to get better pricing by buying direct. The other three companies I sold for were Century, Unicover, and Astro. Astro has been a very good company for us to deal with. I have nothing bad to say about them. I hope I have the same experience with Leer. I am making a large financial commitment to them so I expect a lot in return.

If anyone ever has any questions about pricing or warranty issues concerning any type of truck accessory please feel free to contact me. I would be offended if I couldn't help you out by telling you what a fair price is.

Buck
Old 10-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Registered

Trout...keep in mind that I have heard horror stories about all companies that manufacture lids and shells. I think, like all things, it all boils down to the dealer and how loud they are willing to be on behalf of the customer. Something not to be taken lightly IMO when you have products ranging in price from $700-$2,000.

Buck
Old 10-12-2003, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep.....the new boat on the way back from Oshkosh, WI.
Now the wife and I are a 2 boat family....her idea
Attached Thumbnails What is your Tow Vehicle/What are you Towing?-dscf0003.jpg  
Old 10-13-2003, 04:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Buck,

We have a Leer on our Dodge also. (Theres a pic of it back in this thread) Bought it in 2000 have had NO problems whatsoever. Had great customer service with them also! Its the second Leer we've owned, bought one for our 84 Ford back in 85 and it never gave us any problems.

Quick Reply: What is your Tow Vehicle/What are you Towing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.