Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY >

Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY

Notices

Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY

Old 06-28-2003, 11:49 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read 20' too. Who knows what kind/size it is and I agree no legislation will provide people with more common sense whether it's boating or sky-diving. As long as there's people there will tragedy to deal with. Be careful about cracking Pandora's box.....Hey maybe the boat hit didn't have lights, and the only crime committed is running away? Wait for more details...The plot may thicken...
Old 06-29-2003, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Running away IS the crime !!!! You just don't do that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any other charges this guy gets will be minor next to leaving a
vessel sinking !!!!
Old 06-29-2003, 07:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a great idea!

STAY SOBER YOU DRUNK A$$HOLES.

Lake Havasu had almost 50 DUI/BUI arrests in just 1 day that is friggin sad as hell.

I boat at night, But I damn near idle around. I can't tell you how many times I had almost hits on my boat as well. ALWAYS a guy flying in a boat at night and it wasn't always a CIG type.

Now I know why I pay so much for insurance.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Turbojack

After hearing jbrauer story of the boat not seeing him, I am going to put my Qbeam in my boat. Maybe if I flash lights in the guys eyes he will know I am there before he runs over me.
TurboJack - Right on the money! I've always thought that if I had a Q-Beam that guy would have seen u sor had his rentinas severely damaged!

Regarding licenses, I also think they are just one more tax. They won't really help the situation since not having one will not prevent some one from actually driving. Especially at night - have you ever seen law enforcement on the water after dark? The only time I have is for fireworks on July 4 th.

Commn sense, common courtesy, a bit of responsibility and not being drunk will prevent most accidents. Unfortuntely, this mix is not all that common on the water or any place else!

Jeff
Old 06-29-2003, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Commn sense, common courtesy, a bit of responsibility and not being drunk will prevent most accidents. Unfortuntely, this mix is not all that common on the water or any place else!

Jeff, you hit the nail on the head....there isn't much common sense, common courtesy, a bit of responsibility.

Just those three things will help 100%
Old 06-29-2003, 09:08 AM
Registered

After watching the local news and reading the paper man are they ever messed up they are all saying different colors and sizes this sucks though we all have a horrible rep now so please be extra courteous until this is over or we will not be alloude to go out at night anymore.
Paper says that a damaged 40 footer was pulled out at the Moscow ramp a white purple yellow boat named snap decision anybody know him?
Old 06-29-2003, 01:13 PM
Allan4

Nope, I don't. This guy needs to be put away. You don't jsut leave the scene of an accident when you run someone over...I don't care if it was your fault or not. YOu make sure you do what you can to save lives.

The news is just ripping the "cigarette" type boats to shreds. Kentz is correct....they filmed 3 high perf boats on the river yesterday and put them on the news and the 50 year old woman basically pointed the finger directly at you and I and crapped out every boat over 60 mph then some joker being interviewed saying "all these boats do is fly up and donw the river at 70-80 mph...". NO MENTION OF THE DOZENS OF BOAT ACCIDENTS EACH YEAR ON THE RIVER BY 20' open bows. When was the last time a high perf boat around here was in a wreck?? Hell, it's been 6 or 7 years, atleast. Hell....just a few weeks ago some moron pinned his 20' open bow under the Hooters Resturant barge and almost killed all 5 people on board, including two 5 year olds....did you see THAT in the paper or on the news.....let alone THE LEAD STORY!!!

I have no patience for this stuff and I hope this runaway gets jail time. Period. This gives us all a bad name, mostly due to the media crap. Perhaps it was not his fault, then fine, but you don't leave. That's Flat Wrong.

Be safe, have fun

Allan

Last edited by Allan4; 07-01-2003 at 09:48 AM.

Old 06-29-2003, 07:44 PM
Registered

I agree 100% nothing at all in the news when we seen that accident a couple weeks ago. Now all of this all the guy had to do was stop knowing it was an accident and let the apples fall for all we know the 20 footer did not have lights or something but because he ran now we are all the bad guys.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes a most unfortunate situation for those folks. I have heard all kinds of stories regarding the type of boat and details around the accident itself. There appears to be a lot of confusion and contradicting information.

Regardless a 40-50 ft boat (I find that hard to believe) w/twins in that color combination will be hard to hide. I'd say there are a few on here that know most of those boats and the owners.

Might as well get prepared for the local media to do there typical over-sensationalizing, hackle raising and overt character assassination of the go fast boat types. Probably even a nice expose' by Howie about the "dangerousness" of them Cigar boats and how the Navy needs to "step in"... I can see it now.

Hopefully the investigation will be done in a professional manner and the facts will be presented in a fair and unbaised manner. Regardless, the dude should be flogged in a most righteous fashion for leaving the scene.

I was out both Sat and Sun no problem with being pulled over.

Hopefully this person is found quickly and the matter resolved.

PS: Birdog I still have that hub bud!
PSS: Kentz saw ya' out there looking good!
Old 06-29-2003, 08:29 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

My guess is the driver of the boat had been drinking and when they find him later they can't prove that so he is guilty of leaving the scene of an accident, a lessor offense,time for some changes in the system.

Quick Reply: Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.