Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY >

Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY

Notices

Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY

Old 06-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Allan4

HOwie and his expose'......Hahahahaha......I hear ya.

Man, I was bummed I could not go out at all this weekend. I went and played some golf tonight and I could hear "cigar" boats on the river.......uuuggghhhh

Any of you out around 8-8:30 tonight down river from the Cabana Bar? Something big with twins was out, I could hear him from Nuemann Golf Course......

Yup...I am surprised that this guy has not been roped in yet. They will get him, I bet in the next few days. Too many people know these boats. Glad you all had a good day on the water....I'll be out Wed night.......still have the race decals on the boat...look for P5-48

Later....Allan

Old 06-29-2003, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allan that was probably Wendel just seen him on the news as the type of boat they are looking for. Say they know who it is and will close in tommorow.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:59 PM
Registered

Thumbs up "Arrest to come in the next few hours"

They need to hang this piece of ****. No matter what the situation, these people were left for dead and this A%@HOLE should judged accordingly! Just my .02
Old 06-30-2003, 02:31 PM
Registered

Snap Decision was the name on the boat, removed from the river at the Moscow boat ramp. Anyone know the boat? I would hope that everyone here would have the decency to stop, drunk or not....
Old 06-30-2003, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Haven't heard any news yet. - Did they get the guy today?
Old 06-30-2003, 06:25 PM
Allan4

HUGE article in the POST tonight. Basically, this guy is an irresponsible jerk, if what they are saying is correct. Man....us high perf boats are getting hammered in the paper. Just lovely. Aside from teh family and authorities, no one in the city is more angry about this than us high perf guys.

I think I know this boat. I do not know his name or anything, but I remember thinking in the past this guy is a serious problem. He used to buzz us at about 90 when we would be going thru the slow speed zones down town. 99% sure it is the same tool. He was usually by himself. Described in the paper as 55-60 years old, grayish-blonde hair, 5'8" and 200 lbs. Sounds like the same guy.

Apparently, he hit the boat, then went over to Schmidt ramp to survey the damage, then went to a boat ramp in Moscow OH (up river ) to pull out, where his truck/trailer and some woman in a Caddy met him. He cussed out about 3-4 people who asked him about the damage and offered help.....one in a gas station, one of the side of the road (they both called the cops on him becasue he was such a jerk) and the MAYOR of Moscow at the boat ramp....Mayor did not know about the wreck at the time. It is a triple Fountain and appararently one of the outdrives was hanging off the boat as he pulled it from the water.

Later the loser, less than human, useless thug criminal was thrown out of a bar for being "rowdy" the Post reported. THIS GUY DESERVES JAIL TIME FOR BEING A TOTAL JERKOFF......ASIDE FROM THE WRECK!!!! Police beleive he is now on the run. It is a Triple Fountain called "Snap Decision". Anyone with info should call Dayton KY police. Let's get this sac of lice off the water for good, It could have been you, me or our families out there that were left for dead. Looks like all they have to do is find him now.....HE'S TOAST!! I hope he rots in jail.

Special thanks to the following:

Micheal Jordan, Fountain dealer in Cincy. Yes, while the rest of us are trying to quite the storm and ease the focus off our fast boats so we are not pulled over everytime we fire an engine....Mr Jordan seeks use of his highest level of intelligence and significantly helps our cause at a time of need with such absurd, self centered and imbicility laced comments in the paper such as the boats are "toys for rich folks", "I've been up to 140 mph, they are really stable, run like they are on rails" , "they are the high end of the food chain boats", "Most owners are pretty sophisticated and highly educated...you don't spend half a million dollars on a toy if you are a moron" and "at 100 miles per hour you can take your hands off the wheel".

NICE QUOTES!!! Instead of diverting the attention from all of us, he throws a 55 gallon drum of fuel on the fire. Good idea......give the people out there one more freakin' reason not to like high perf boaters. BTW....what he hell is he talking about.....I can think of 1 or 2 outta 20 high perf boat owners in the area that even come close to fitting this description. He tried to promote himself and his business, but instead red flags everyone of us as thugs who have more money than brains and have no regard for the safety of anyone else. You are just instigating them so they will crack down on us....effectively hurting YOUR bottom line!!! Smooth move......

Also special thanks to the owner of Queen City River Boats who made such comments as "They are going to have to put some sort of control on this". Also stating that he has seen "quite a few of these cigarette type boats" racing up and down the river. Well, I ask him....when was the last time a "cigarette boat" caused or was involved with an accident on the river?? When?? Just ridiculous. This guy was reported to be going 45 miles an hour at impact. This is obviously a stupidity/sobriety issue, not a high perf issue.

I hope this driver goes to jail for a long time. He has 7 felony accounts against him. I hope and pray the victims are okay. I feel terrible for them, and hope they recover quickly and fully.

Be careful out there everyone, always some fool disregarding everyone and everything that can ruin your life.

Allan

Last edited by Allan4; 07-01-2003 at 05:23 PM.

Old 06-30-2003, 07:07 PM
Registered

Allan, I think you need to write a letter to your local newspapers talking about what you have said here. Be sure to mention the hooters crash with the run about a week ago and others like that recently, and compare to the 1 in the last 7 years. No one on this site needs any convincing of this, but the rest of your town does.

Tommy
Old 06-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Allan4

Tommy, I was thinking about that anyway, perhaps now I will do so. Good idea.

Wild.....I may have gotten a little heated on the last post and Mr Jordan has never done anything to directly hurt me, or benefit me for that matter....I just can't beleive that a guy who has been around that long would actually make such counter productive comments that may, in retrospect, directly negatively effect his sales, hobby and livelyhood. If the law around here starts hammering down on us, he is gonna be on of the ones who's pocket book is hurt. I just don't understand why anyone would want to draw anymore attention to this matter right now from a high perf boating standpoint unless you were trying to ban them.

Okay...I've said toomuch as it is...I'll shut up now

Old 06-30-2003, 09:14 PM
hard2catch

why don't you guys up there invite the news on for a ride. Show them that, typically, cigarette type boaters operate very cautiously.

Don't they know that the last thing we want to do is mess up our boat?

Old 06-30-2003, 09:36 PM
Banned

Call the paper and give them the link to this thread. Let them see how high performance boaters feel about this kind of behaviour.

Quick Reply: Crash on Ohio river / Dayton KY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.