Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wisconsin DNR...does it again (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/53407-wisconsin-dnr-does-again.html)

MARK BENTLEY 06-30-2003 08:33 AM

Wisconsin DNR...does it again

Little Tommy, you will like this! A little background. This happened at the Sturgeon Bay ramp yesterday. Door County is a big tourist area. (like the Keys) They try to promote the tourism as it is almost the only industry up here. I had a few boats that had to be test run, it's been busy so I thought I would get a head start and do it Sunday morning. I was in and out of the ramp several times. Around 10:00AM, it's time for the water nazi's to start patroling. It's a small 6-lane ramp. Very congested and a small dock good for two larger boats or maybe 3-4 small ones. They show up with two brand new Intrepids, a little 16' outboard and a bunch of Sea Doo's. The two Intrepids are right in the middle of the transient dock tied up without fenders. (now no-one else can use the dock) The rest of there fleet is scattered aound. The local city police boat shows up, they tie up. Now they get a police squad car to sit in the corner of the parking lot. (boaters are violent you know!) Now these guys start telling the go-boats that even had a rumble, not to even leave the trailer as they will be arrested! They even sent a guy in a little Baja home! So much for checking safety equipment, flares life jackets etc! They left me alone for once, I was there in a 33' Donzi, a 38' Sonic and a Powerplay (ob) Now with all the bays and harbors, it was a little overkill. There was more security here than Port Everglades or Port of Miami after 9-11!! Maybe with the budget cutbacks, they were saving gas. They did look cute, new matching trucks, boats and uniforms. I hope no-one had an emergency at any of the other bays and harbors. I tell my associate about this, she says to take some pic's. I get back to the shop, grab the digital and another boat. Dead batteries on the camera! Tax dollars at work!!

Little Tommy 06-30-2003 03:24 PM

unbeleivabe. What is the deal with these people?? They have nothing better to do than harass the boaters. They need to worry about some other enviormental issues and leave us alone. I knew Sturgeon bay was the next to get picked on after the rumors of the upcoming poker run in two weeks. Everyone that is going, make sure you have a proper muffler system because the word is they WILL be stopping you and testing you right off the trailers.
Tommy

hp500efi 06-30-2003 04:42 PM

With the money that floats up in the Door County area I can see this happening. Most of the people up that way are travellers from Illinois and I am sure they have put an influence on the DNR to cut back on "their" land :mad:

frequentflyer 06-30-2003 06:44 PM

Hey.. Lets get some pics of these guys. Some good close ups. We can put up some anonymous websites, doctor the pics and send them the links. Lets embarass these dumbasses.
Course... I'm just suggesting such an idea. I would never do it myself.. :D :D

Send some pics !!