new trend: no business with Turkish people >

new trend: no business with Turkish people

Notices

new trend: no business with Turkish people

Old 07-01-2003, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by catmando
Turkey has been taken off the "Most Favored Nations" list because of its actions before the illegal Bush war.
This is total baloney, Catman. Please give a source for that statement. Also, MFN has nothing to do with barring a country from trade. It simply grants low or no tariffs at all. China didn't have MFN for ages, and that certainly didn't stop trade.

All: I wish we would refrain from blanket political statements which don't help a fellow OSO member. Timucin has a problem getting parts from the US. He has a problem using his credit card. Again, this has nothing to do with Turkey. Due to credit card fraud, most US merchants simply stopped doing business with out of the country customers.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like his banishment didn't help any...Still can't remember anything of a contributing nature from him.
Some people will not learn.
Go check out C/A for a laugh sometime.

Anyway,

Turkey is not singled out...For many reasons, including those above, foreign business is tough. Not only will you subject yourself to a whole world of new laws and recourses, if in fact a deal is fraudulant, but international trade has a lot more paperwork and fees involved. Some insurance, or legal matters will not work outside out borders.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tim,

It's not that the US won't ship to you, it's just trying to verify anything in certain countries takes a while to clear. So some would rather not deal with it all together. Even though ya got good credit they most banks here cannot verify that the credit card is valid, along with your address being valid. If you are still interested in those props, give me a call and I can see what I can do for you.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Looks like his banishment didn't help any...Still can't remember anything of a contributing nature from him.
Some people will not learn.
Go check out C/A for a laugh sometime.

Good point - I thought the agreement was that this crap would stop. Looks like you can't teach an old cat new tricks...
Old 07-01-2003, 01:40 PM
Registered

Export 101:

- If the foreign buyer trusts the seller, advance payment is the easiest way. Buyer sends a check "in US funds drawn on a US bank." This check is readily available at a foreign bank. Seller dispatches goods. Customs (and often also freight) is paid by buyer on receipt. Case closed. Note: If a foreign buyer is willing to give a credit card number, he demonstrates much more trust in the seller than a domestic buyer. Most countries do not have protection laws that allow the buyer to reverse the charges in case of a dispute. In the US, a buyer can stiff a seller on most on-line and telephone order CC transactions. It's rampant. Hence the reluctance.

- A tried & true method of payment is an "irrevocable letter of credit." Here, the seller's and buyer's banks act as intermediaries and a bit as escrow holders. Basically, buyer buys letter of credit. Bank holds funds. Money goes to seller when buyer receives goods from freight forwarder.

Foreign banks usually can handle a letter of credit in their sleep. The run-of-the-mill US bank may say "letter of what????" Large money center banks such as Citi, Chase etc. usually know how to handle it.

International payments 201: http://www.unzco.com/basicguide/c12.html

Last edited by Peconic; 07-01-2003 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:12 PM
Registered

Luci: Export to Tim, quick & easy.

So you want to sell him some props. Give Tim the $ amount. Tim sends you money via bank wire. You ship props to Tim via UPS (do NOT use FEDEX internationally. They are great domestically, abroad they suck.) Enclose copies of bill of sale. UPS typically will clear it through customs and collect customs charges from Tim. To save you the hassles of figuring out freight, you could even send it freight collect - in some countries it works, in some it doesn't.

Tim: Don't worry, Luci won't stiff you. In any case, she lives close to where the NJ posse & OSO night riders make their home. See http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=53179

Last edited by Peconic; 07-01-2003 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally posted by dockrocker
Good point - I thought the agreement was that this crap would stop. Looks like you can't teach an old cat new tricks...
AMEN!!!!! Nothing new.... Anyone who gives a damn about this country and pays attention to current events knows the truth.....Oh yeah since this post was supposed to be about business transactions I was looking at a dollar bill....Seems like it says "IN GOD WE TRUST"...Good luck tim sounds like you got your answer and a solution to the problem at hand.....Anything we can do let us know..

GOD BLESS THE USA

BH
Old 07-01-2003, 04:42 PM
Registered

WOW!
-i built my boat part by part from states
-i am a normal citizen here in Turkey,i dont take international desicions.Like war stuff
-thnx all who tried to help me but i fixed my problem.Thnx to throttle-up props.
-about credit card stuff; we pay the bills to banks, what can i do if they dont pay you?!? if i dont pay the bills to bank how come i still have the cards?how come they let me spend by using that card number?
-credit card security: this is international shipping. they deliver to adres not to a post box.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:44 PM
Registered

xtra-xtra thnx to Luci!!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Registered

Timucin,

I have not had any problem with Turkish customers but they are ones that I have been dealing with for quite some time. I have just recently been burnt by a person in Singapore. They placed an order for about $1500.00 and everything seemed to go well so about 3 weeks later I shipped another order for about $1200.00. The next week the credit card company charged back the amount and guess what... I was no longer able to contact my customer and shortly thereafter the second order was charged back. I lost all funds and had to pay the the card company their percentages. They approved the transaction and got their fees and stuck me! Apparently there is a lot of card fraud going on and people are getting skeptical about who they are dealing with outside of the country. Hope this helps to explain what is going on. The credit card companies have nothing to lose but the dist/retailer takes it in the shorts.

Todd

Quick Reply: new trend: no business with Turkish people

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.