38 Lightning Flips on Winni

Notices

38 Lightning Flips on Winni

Old 07-09-2003, 07:37 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Too Old
We can analyze boat bottoms and argue steps until Hell freezes over.

The problems not the boat. It's the fool behind the wheel.

PERIOD end of story, end of discussion on steps.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Ya hit the nail on right on the head Too Old! That is a sweet avatar.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:46 AM
WickedWon

Default Too Old

I know, I know, I know, enough is enough it's just hard when you've experienced how guick it happens and how totally unforgiving they are. Thankfully it looks like the fad is passing, the steps are getting smaller and it's no longer the marketing nervana. The two biggest threats to my passion are insurance and loud exhaust there to for I will continue my lobby for safer but fast PLEASURE boats that don't piss other people off when ya use them.

I am officially ending my rant on " flightly, hard to handle at speed, sensitive to fuel burn, bite you in the ass in a heartbeat, difficult to load on a trailer, 2mph extra speed at any cost " stepped hulls

Thanks, I'm done
JD

BTW about the only fast food i eat is the chicken whopper, it rules.

Old 07-09-2003, 10:53 AM
Registered

Default Re: Too Old

Originally posted by WickedWon

BTW about the only fast food i eat is the chicken whopper, it rules. [/B]
Chicken Whopper??? Sounds good... maybe we should do lunch after this.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
Not to sound ignorant but I have often wondered is it that easy to flip over a v hull. Could someone give me some honest experiences so I can be a little more certain about running my boat. I've had a few times when my bow aired out pretty high but I just assumed it wouldn't come over. What causes a roll in a Vee is it a combo of a bad wave, over trim, too much throttle, wind?? are only certain Vee hull balanced capable of flipping over (given that your not in 10 foot sees.)Not to sound stupid but I've always sort of wondered. Please educate me on this matter. Maybe I am missunderstanding what happened also I'm thinking of flipping over backwards not barrel rolling. Thanks

This happened to a boat I was in two years ago. It was a new twin step(2 days old), we went into a turn at about 60 mph. It was a close call at first, but the driver caught another boat out of the corner of his eye. After he saw that, he yanked the wheel a little harder, and all six of us went flying. It was total driver error, but none of us were hurt, and neither was the boat. The thing we finally figured out is the steps are there to lift the boat out of the water, and the ass end just came out of the water in the turn. When it skipped and landed we high sided, it was an interesting ride.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We can analyze boat bottoms and argue steps until Hell freezes over.
3 things that would change the history of boating:
Lets face it, All boats drive differently. You can drive two 38 TS Top Guns with the same power and rigging that came out of the mold right after the other and they will not drive EXACTLY the same. For this reason: 1. Owners need to take a little time to learn and feel how to drive there new boats. 2. Buyers need to LET dealers take the time to teach them how to drive. 3. Dealers need to MAKE the time to teach (And have someone who knows what they are doing). These three things rarely happen. Of all the people on this board stating that the driver in this case was a complete dip****, how many of you took more than 2 hours with your dealer on your new boat? Or Even with your Broker?
The only reason I say this is due to the fact that teaching (and I do) someone to drive an offshore boat is like pulling teeth. Everyone thinks its easy and can run the boat up to top speed in hour one. And Dealerships do not have a training programs (That I know of, If you do my hat is off to you). If these three things were added to the boat buying experience we would have more knowledgeable boaters. And fewer time that we say "Six more people just got lucky".
Old 07-09-2003, 11:34 AM
Registered

Originally posted by IDRPSTF
3 things that would change the history of boating:
Lets face it, All boats drive differently. You can drive two 38 TS Top Guns with the same power and rigging that came out of the mold right after the other and they will not drive EXACTLY the same.

Like I told DMAN.......it's because they are home-made in a small round tin shed.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by catmando
People kill people with guns. Guns are made to do ONE thing; expell a projectile at high speed into flesh with the intent to terminate life with extreme prejudice.

LMAO..... Troll...
Old 07-09-2003, 12:07 PM
Mad Hatter

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
Does this mean that a non-stepped hull will never flip or barrel roll?
No, but how many non-stepped hulls have you seen flip or barrel roll? Not very many. How many stepped hulls have you seen barrel roll? Quite a few in the short amount of time since everybody decided to switch to stepped hulls. Big Jake made an insignificant comment and I felt the need to clear it up. I never said non-stepped hulls would never role now did I?

Old 07-09-2003, 01:14 PM
mlitefan

What is up with the Velocity owners on this thread??? Chill out already...

Damn, ANY boat is capable of flipping or rolling with the wrong person behind the wheel...perid...I don't care if its a 14 foot jon boat with 9 volt trolling motor.

I don't get the whole "power turn" thing...If you want to do that crap, why not buy a seadoo?

Quick Reply: 38 Lightning Flips on Winni

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.