For those of you who boat at LOTO >

For those of you who boat at LOTO

Notices

For those of you who boat at LOTO

Old 07-08-2003, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you who boat at LOTO

I was just reading about the accident, and was wondering what is the boating like down there as far as average depth, and how big the waves get. I figured it would always be pretty calm down there.

Someone fill me in. Never been there.........
Old 07-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Registered

Ruff on the weekends. Too many cruisers doing 1/2 throttle and really throwing the wake, even damages the docks. Depth of the lake can get to 200 feet. We need an OSO meeting during the week so everyone can enjoy the lake.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

How is it on the non-holiday weekends? We are coming to Party Cove on the 19th of this month.

Am I in for a good ride in the little 28 Cig?

RebarBox
Old 07-08-2003, 09:21 PM
Registered

On any weekend you can expect a bumpy ride. No problem launching a 12,000 lb boat. It is worth the ride as it is a great place to have fun.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:51 PM
Registered

Had a lot of fun for many years their in a 31' Imp. However,
it is rough on the weekends but as everyone else has said it is very nice during the week. You should definately make the trip. You will like the Lake as it has many things (on the water) to offer, such as dining and nightlife. On the weekend if your not at Party Cove and you are looking for some smooth water just head down past Tan-Tar-A where it is fairly smooth that way toward the state park.

Enjoy the Lake.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:11 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally posted by RebarBox
How is it on the non-holiday weekends? We are coming to Party Cove on the 19th of this month.

Am I in for a good ride in the little 28 Cig?

RebarBox

You'll be fine in a 28 Cig, but no matter what size boat you have it will be rough. I have been there on all the Holiday weekends in both a 24 Outlaw and my 28 Pantera. Concentrate on reading the water close to you and make sure to stay on plane in the rough stuff and work the throttles a lot. Expect a LOT of air and a LOT of hard landings. The roughest spots are between Party Cove and the Grand Glaize Bridge No Wake Zone and and where the Grand Glaize Arm and Main Channel meet, near the Salty Dog restaurant. Have fun and be safe.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's nuts! I don't go because it's so rough. Been called a wuss, but I don't care. I don't have enough skills to drive on that lake. If you have less than 40 feet, plan on being airborne quite often. I have a friend who has a 38' Formula and he has a picture of that boat 6 feet out of the water! And I mean at the bottom of the outdrive

The lake offers all the fun you can stand. And I don't dispute that, it's everything you could want in a recreational lake, but I can't deal with the massive waves from all sides.

I have a friend who has a 26 outlaw, and he does fine on it, goes to the cove often. To each his own.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

We will be staying at 'Temple Resort' - I believe it's fairly close to the Party Cove. We can't get a lot of air on Grand - no really big waves (except holidays) or to many waverunners behind the big boats. LOTO sounds like a good (air) ride.

I know of Party Cove and Shooters - what other places are there to go? It will be all guys - wifes are staying at home ).

Who will I see at Party cove on the 19th? We will be in a black 28' Cig named 'Beer B*tch'.

RebarBox
Old 07-09-2003, 08:46 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to:

Horny Toads.
Backwater Jacks.
Top Siders- (Friday Night) woo hoo!
Salty Dog- Directly across from Top Siders, both are in the No Wake Zone headed to party cove.

If you want, make the trip to Big Dicks Halfway Inn.

Have your registration. They WILL pull you over. GRDA is easy compared to Missouri Water Patrol. Tie up with me this weekend in Dripping if your out!
Old 07-09-2003, 08:51 AM
Registered

RebarBox
I'll second cigracer28/38 suggestions. You might want to check out the Fish at 31mm too. It's a lot of fun on sundays.
Dorseys Pit Stop at the 20mm is another good place to check out.
Gary

Quick Reply: For those of you who boat at LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.