Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone delt with/know Fantastic Finish Marine in Medina, Ohio? >

Anyone delt with/know Fantastic Finish Marine in Medina, Ohio?

Notices

Anyone delt with/know Fantastic Finish Marine in Medina, Ohio?

Old 07-09-2003, 03:45 PM
FWK

From what I have been told it is the reverse out of a c-4 transmission. I probably could but I do not have the tools that are necessary. I know that if they did not charge you for a seal kit that could be part of the problem. The seal kit is available from mercruiser and BAM does sell them. If you can't get anyone to do this for you bring the boat to St. Louis I have an A-frame and we will pull the motors and transmissions. Order your seal kit and send them to Huber and ihe will get them back fairly quickly. I know he will warranty them and the only thing you wouyld have a problem with is removal and reinstallation. I am not a marine mechanic but I have worked and redid my excalibur myself. If you got my PM Give me a call. and let see if we can get you going

Old 07-09-2003, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy you sure are nice to offer that......I did not know you have an Excalibur as well.......what year/model do you have????

I will be in touch soon..........thanks again!!!!
Old 07-09-2003, 05:55 PM
FWK

1981 27 speedster and you are welcome

Old 03-26-2018, 01:53 PM
Llc
Registered

Default Trs

Had many of the mercury's own 2 trans apart was a donzi and magnum marine dealer any one that has a lot of experience with this trans has to be old lol ther were problems with the first ones pumps front seals shift motors but got that all sorted most of the problems after that were man made the had a cheap loop cooler in the side of the trans i ident like that I ident care for that trans but all I had to do is fix it. The best TR and TRS set up was the Warner TR. TRS combo could put a lot of power through that over 600hp if I can remember right the Merc trans came out in the 1980s I did rebuild a Merc trans that they were putting 500hp or more in a 24ft P&D or one of those knock offs pull and replaced a lot of rheas transmissions. And replaced a lot of gimbal rings under factory warenty
Old 03-26-2018, 02:15 PM
Llc
Registered

Default Mercs home brew trans

If you don't find some one that was worked on this transmissions. In the 80s when they came out they don't have the history of the problems and you guys swaping motors might run into problems with front pumps and seals in having prob with my spell corector its spelling worse than I do if that can happen! I did a bunch of rheas back and forth with this with mercruser i figured this out lot of long nights doing this there were not a lot of special tools u needed. To rebuild this trans I know first hand a lot of the factory rebuilds did not work well put in quite a few and pulled them back out a lot of the problem were the front seal and the pump geroter they were machined to close tolerance they worked on the fords but not so good on the gm motors? Usaly ford don't work at all. If your having a specific problem run it buy me might know the answer . Happy Boating!
Old 03-26-2018, 02:32 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I still had hair when this thread was started.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:37 PM
Llc
Registered

Default Lol thats a good one

I dident look at the date hello thats what happens when you get old lol
Old 03-27-2018, 04:01 AM
Llc
Registered

Default Old thread

I was looking for a boat repair shop in medina Ohio I'm interested in a boat for sale there there on lake road in medina thinking they were rt42 must of moved. Dident realize. The dates i wanted to see if I knew the people that owned the repair shop.