Notices

Boat Lifts

Old 07-15-2003, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poly Lift

I have a 12,500 lb Poly Lift. 2 ½ years old. When I bought my lift I looked around and the differences were clear to see. Call Poly Lift. They can tell you all the differences.

Although Hydro Hoist has made several changes the past couple of years the slightly older ones will still have many differences from Poly Lift.
1. Poly Lift uses synthetic bunks. Hydro does too, now. A 2-3 year old Hydro may still have wooden carpet covered bunks. This can cause fiberglass blisters.
2. Poly Lift uses extra large synthetic hinge joints. Theirs are superior to any on the market.
3. Poly Lift tanks are indestructable.
4. Poly Lift uses heavier material in struts and braces.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:06 AM
Registered

I have heard the poly lift spin, and they are more expensive. I think all three (hydro, galva, and poly) are very similar, built like brick ****houses and a thicker brick ****house may not be required or worth the extra money - however, the non carpeted bunk may be worth investigating.

We have one (Galva) on the main channel LOTO 14 MM, spent 3 years with no protection from the wave action and the last 2 with some wave breaks protecting the docks, no problems yet. We used the rough water kit - prevents constant up and down motion by locking the lift to the dock. Poly does not offer this option. This kit is potentially harmfull to your dock if it is not set up correctly because you will try to float your dock with your lift. If set up well, I think a rough water kit is the way to go because it reduces wear on the joints and reacts the side loads that can otherwise bend the arms.

Last edited by WRedmann; 07-15-2003 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:43 AM
Registered

Default Poly Lift

You have a point on how heavy duty is enough. I think the answer to that may be how often you use your boat ( lift up/down ) and also the water conditions around the dock. I have seen lifts with some sort of shock absorbers installed to limit the movement. I believe the shock absorbers were non factory items. I guess if you're on a channel or close, some sort of limit to motion would be necessary. My install is in a marina so water conditions aren't a factor.

I still like the overall construction and engineering of my Poly Lift. I walk by several Hydro Hoists every time I go to my boat and I've stopped many times to look at the differences in construction. I believe Poly Lift was born from Hydo Hoist. They just made many improvements in the systems Hydro Hoist had over the years.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:46 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't want to do any sales over the form, as that's not PC. But I would urge you to give me a call. 954-340-5170 or email me directly [email protected]

10,500lb Float Lift...
The good chit.
Attached Thumbnails Boat Lifts-cg-27-whaler-fl100002.jpg  
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 07-15-2003, 02:51 PM
bmpnugls

FYI - I have a 12,000lb galvalift at LOTO for sale....it was new in 2000....a six arm, setup now for a 12' wide dock slip....$4500 o.bo. if your interested call 573-219-2557...

Old 07-15-2003, 03:10 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts
Thumbs up

I have a 16,000 lb Hydro Hoist, and don't know if it is good or bad. I have had several lifts and that is the only brand I have owned. The thing I do know is the remote control is the only way to go. You back out of the slip, and hit the remote to put the lift back up. It keeps the slime off of the walkway, and is easier on the lift in rough water. The remote works from 200 to 300 yards, so from that distance the lift is back down by the time you get there. I think this an after market option, so all three mfg. companys should be able to get them. It is well worth the money.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:08 PM
Registered

I keep my boat [380 Powerquest] on a small Lake in Northern Indiana. The Lake on the weekends is very rough. My current lift, a Hydraulic Shoremate recently collapsed for the second time. This is largely due to the poor surface conditions @ the Lake bottom, and the slope of the lake bottom [over 4' grade change in 16'.

I want to purchase the best lift possible for these conditions. And need it as soon as possible.

The local Hydro Hoist dealer in Indy won"t call me after 4 calls, and a week later.

Steve
Old 07-15-2003, 05:17 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Steve-
Give me a call. We can solve your problems. I'd PM you, but it doesn't seem to be working.
Or email
[email protected]

FYI- We build the BEST lifts! No lie, no BS- we do.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 07-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Registered

Default Lifts

I have a high tide 16,000 lb lift with the remote and love it. I checked on all the lifts at the boat show and found this one to be the best quality and bought this one. It is also remote with a great warranty.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:35 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by sejman

The local Hydro Hoist dealer in Indy won"t call me after 4 calls, and a week later.

Steve
Yep, had exact same results when we were trying to work with him. Wouldn't buy from him under any circumstances. Imagine how his warranty issues are handeled.

THe Indy Galva -Lift guy had our lifts in 3 days.

The only thing I liked about the HH is that no metal is below the waterline on the newer models. My Galva has 2 additional horizontal tank braces on the bottom of them that is not on HH. This keeps the tanks from twisting in rough water. I wouldn't worry about the metal in fresh water.
All lifts are very close in design. Most use the urethane bushings anymore and use the plastic tanks.
You will be happy with any of the above listed lifts. Just avoid Econo Lift. You get what you pay for in that case.

Quick Reply: Boat Lifts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.