OT:  Any NACAR people here? >

OT: Any NACAR people here?

Notices

OT: Any NACAR people here?

Old 07-12-2003, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Any NASCAR people here?

Is anyone a Nascar official? I'm looking for a career change and I want to know if this would be a good job; Working for a team (Chevy of course) or Nascar Corp.( tech inspector or official) is what I'm interested in. Thanks for the insite.

Rick

Last edited by scarabrick; 07-14-2003 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-12-2003, 12:43 PM
bobby daniels

What job do you have now ?? what experance do you have ing racing ,ect
Either would be good but tough to break into without allot of background

Old 07-12-2003, 07:52 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

go to scca.org and find out wher eth next race in yoru region is. Go walk around the pits shoot the **** with the racers and see if anyone needs help. Its good way to get into racing. I crewwed last season and this season and am actually goign to pocano tommorow for aweek to get my competition liscense
Old 07-13-2003, 06:29 AM
Registered

Obviously spelling is not a prerequisite to get on a race team, right Puder???? LOL!!!!

Sorry, I just had to say it ........
Old 07-13-2003, 08:40 AM
Allan4

Experience is great....but connections is everything in the motorsports world. Like Puder said....you are probably going to have to "vlounteer" for a while, but if this is what you want to do, it can be done. ALL...and I mean ALL business owners (inlcuding WC team owners) are almost always looking for GOOD help. Separate yourself from the rest of the candidates by working longer, harder and more meticulously than anyone else.

Good luck on your quest.

Allan

Old 07-13-2003, 08:45 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Rick,

Bobby, FFT, Puder, and Allan4 are right - Racing (especially on a professional level) is very much a world closed to "outsiders". SCCA events are a good place to start, as are the local ovals, particularly if they run any NASCAR-sanctioned Sportsman events. Getting involved in your spare time on a volunteer basis is the way to go. Like FFT said, we get thousands of resumes every year, and it takes someone with the right experiences and background to even get noticed.

And: Don't expect ANY glamour in racing. It's not like "Viva Las Vegas" at all. It's purely and simply very hard work. You'll find yourself surrounded by people with extraordinary levels of skill and committment who are willing to go 110% all day and all night. If you wind up getting involved, you'll find it to be a life-changing experience that will raise your game in every aspect and change your outlook on life.

Don't let this discourage you - chase your dream. Best of luck.
Old 07-13-2003, 11:42 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

yeah the glamour just isn;t there. Maybe if your a team owner you don't have to ride around in the dually getting to the track BUt at lower levels, you're a grunt plain and simple. Hell i see paul newman damn near every weekend and he ride aroudn in the hauler. Granetd his hauler is equicped with satelite TV, AC, internet a full kitchen and just about everythign you coudl think of BUT you get my point. I knwo i've sat ine th back of the 91 f350 for 6 hours on the way to watkins smelling my buddies and we are a national SCCA team that has been to the runoffs for the last couple years.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:10 AM
Registered

MY brothers boss is a big wig with nascar. We're acually going out to talk to a few people next month. It will (should be ) easy he said, to get on a team with his contacts. I was looking to work for the corp. and not a team but I'll keep all my options open. I have a lot of Mechanical expierence and good Navy training. Plus, it's who you Know and or Blow. Thanks for the insite. Any more?
Rick
Old 07-14-2003, 06:45 AM
Registered

Scarabrick,

I would take what C_Spray says to the bank. He is a wonderful person who has started at the bottom and worked his way to the top of the racing world. With a degree from Purdue in engineering, he is extremely humble about his success and will not speak of it unless specifically asked. He has seen the thrill of victory and agony of defeats and has risen above others with his articulate and intellectual nature and his unique ability to view situations from a multitude of perspectives. He can teach you more about racing than just about anyone from the strategic, mechanical and business standpoints. We are all extremely fortunate to have him here on OSO and and I consider myself honored to call him "friend". Best of luck on your racing endeavor and remember to never, ever give up!
Old 07-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Registered

ttt

Quick Reply: OT: Any NACAR people here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.