Notices

Membership Money

Old 07-08-2003, 05:51 PM
14-H

Default Membership Money

Originally posted by Mike A.
Edward,

Your father and Charlie seized control over APBA then terminated my License. As we explained months ago in our numerous letters to the "friends" we are using the money for the benefit of the members who paid the money in the first place. We are spending money on the offshore category. The friends should embrace this philosophy and allow the commissions to keep the money their categories generate and spend it on programs and things they feel are necessary.

Hey Mike: that is Membership monies: it pays the salary of Cindy who members call constantly to find out what their current point standings are. It pays the salary of Joanne who processes the sanctions that all members need. It pays APBA's UIM obligations. It is used for the Hall of Champions ceremony and to conduct the Annual meeting. It pays for the Propeller. YOU have withheld all of this and YOU have no right to do that. YOUR members paid that money to the APBA to be APBA members and you took it! Then, when Mr. Stang and the rest of the BOD directed the national office to issue cards to the people who had paid that money to you in good faith, believing it would buy them an APBA membership, even though you kept the members' money, YOU CONFISCATED THEIR APBA CARDS. The commissions do keep control of their own funds. SO just financed a D/25 towerhousing. Nice try but that money is not yours. It is the members. 14-H.

Old 07-08-2003, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of membership money, where are your stars??
Old 07-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Registered

Good one, OSO. No money, no action.

Proposal: Pro-, anti- , LLC, APBA, BOD etc rants only with paid-up Platinum membership. That should also keep the one-post-wonders to an minimum.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by OffshoreOnly
Speaking of membership money, where are your stars??
Now that's some funny s**t!!!!

Buck
Old 07-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Registered

Peconic.....don't forget the spelling and grammer checks too.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Registered

Phantom: I'd grant fully paid-up members some spehling lehnienci ....
Old 07-08-2003, 07:29 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Is there a maximum limit on the number of threads a person can start on the same subject, detrimental to the sport of boating, and attacking the same person???

14-H has now started at least 4 threads on this and other websites on the same subject!!!!

Just curious...
Old 07-08-2003, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally posted by gdfatha
Is there a maximum limit on the number of threads a person can start on the same subject, detrimental to the sport of boating, and attacking the same person???

14-H has now started at least 4 threads on this and other websites on the same subject!!!!

Just curious...
I do not really think that this is at all detrimental to the sport. These are forums where members of these organizations frequent and they as "owners" need to fully understand what is happening within their organization. All to often leaders of an organization sugar coat reality to conceal reality. However, forums such as OSO and the like, call to question the validity of these peoples actions and often times public information forces people to do the right thing when they otherwise would not. Unfortunately however, some people, including members of this forum, have no morals and ethics and their true identity needs to be revealed. From time to time organization and individuals alike need to suffer through some very trying and difficult times to propser long and well into the future. Hopefully, with regard to the APBA, the LLC etc. this is the case.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:23 AM
14-H

What's the old saying: if you don't like what's on, turn the channel???? It is Mr. A. who started this discourse on hydroracer.net which is an outboarder message board. I posted my responses to his misstatements there first and then copied them here 'cause I thought you guys and gals might be interested in the discourse. Apparently OSO (which invites people to post here free of charge) is now taking Mr. A's side by attempting to discredit my post with a disengenous suggestion that I should not post here unless I pay them money (which would be fine except that is not the rules I started here with). 14-H.

ADD: Just joined.

Last edited by 14-H; 07-09-2003 at 08:40 AM.

Old 07-09-2003, 08:39 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Keep on track folks............ There are obviously two sides to this story.....and I, for one, can promise that each side deserves the same respect as the other....... This is no slam dunk....... regardless of which side you are on. There is also no "White Knight". I have dealt with both sides for many years...... I have chosen my side........based on first hand knowledge....not bluff and bluster......please do the same.

One other thing........sucker punches are sucker punches......regardless of the forum.......If you throw them you are reduced to a sucker puncher....keep it on the topic at hand...not petty $20 side bars.

T2x

Quick Reply: Membership Money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.