Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
One of the worst months of my life (a little self pitty and some ranting) >

One of the worst months of my life (a little self pitty and some ranting)

Notices

One of the worst months of my life (a little self pitty and some ranting)

Old 07-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike, I know most of the feelings your going through
8 months ago to the day I lost my management job too a controlling hyper active a$$ of a boss.
I ended up taking a 15grand a year loss in wages when I changed positions at the same company.
What I have learned from this is the truck stayed broke for 6 months, the boat is staying on the trailer for the year and now I am making more money as an hourly clock puncher with overtime then i ever would on salary.
Not to mention I have actually gained more respect from my fellow employees and people who once thought less of me wearing a management shirt.
Times will change, mostly for the better, the boat will get fixed, just not as soon as you may want. And the truck is still drivable to keep you looking for work.
It sucks, I know, but I also used this forum and friends from OSO to help through the tough times

Thanks to all
Old 07-13-2003, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Foul, since your laid off, $ is the main problem...Go find a job, everything else will follow.

As I saw on Dr Phil yesterday..."Do not solve money problems with money" (dont know what that means, but sounds smart!)

Tommy
Old 07-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I still have my job, was just layed off for a little while. I'm back to work now. But the time I spent off really hurt me. My automatic paymenst didn't stop, and now I'm in the red! Sucks. Financially, things should be better within the next two weeks or so. As for the boat, I'm gonna tear the top off the motor this week and see if I can figure out what's wrong. And the truck, well, it's just a dent.
Old 07-13-2003, 12:55 PM

I'm having a hard day too foul. Depressed but going over to a friend's house with a 42' tiger. Maybe that will distract me for a little while
Old 07-13-2003, 01:04 PM
Registered

Waterfoul,

Hang in there, things are gonna turn around! You know you have lots of friends on here that will take you boating. Fever Mike really put things in perspective.

Vern
Old 07-13-2003, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear of all your troubles Mike. I have a working boat but don't have the time to use it. I still haven't properly cleaned or waxed it. Did You ever pressure test the motor to find your water source? Steve
Old 07-13-2003, 02:20 PM
Registered

Dont feel like the lone ranger. I just got my engine back together and the head wasnt the only problem. The cylinder that got watered down has a knock too. So out it comes. That might be it for me this year. Had 2 good runs this summer, woopee.
Old 07-13-2003, 03:39 PM
Registered

I think I can top all that. Ive been layed off over a year now, with no more unemployment checks coming in. I have joint custody of my 2 kids, so I have to figure out ways to keep the $$$ rolling in, either buying and selling cars, or detailing cars, EBAY, etc.

As far as boat problems, I had to deal with replacing heads and the outdrive before my season even got started. Still working out the bugs.

FEVERMIKE, we all know about what you went through. I hope you consider yourself lucky in spite of it all. I lost my 36 yr old brother this past October in a 4-wheeling accident, and havent really mentioned it on here till now. This past Tuesday, I lost a good friend (a girl I graduated with) in a car accident (Age 29 and has 2 young boys).

Cheer up buddy!
Old 07-13-2003, 04:52 PM
TulsaLarry

You didn't list enough problems for a good Country and Western song. So I guess your Mama isn't in jail, your dog is still alive, the law isn't looking for you, etc.

Hope things get better.

Old 07-13-2003, 08:19 PM
Registered

better days are comming foul, good luck with what ever you do boats can be fixed and dents heal robbie

Quick Reply: One of the worst months of my life (a little self pitty and some ranting)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.