The Northern Michigan Fun Run Review

Notices

The Northern Michigan Fun Run Review

Old 07-14-2003, 06:11 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Northern Michigan Fun Run Review

WOW!!! What a weekend!! Not Rain not wind nor Hail on the way home will stop this Great run!!!I think we had every type of weather condition known to man even an inch of pea size hail on the way home. Scott and his buddies know how to have a great time thanks to you all for all your hard work. We drove up in some of the nastiest weather I have seen since november rain and 50 degree's were the conditions on arrival, I called Scott and he assured me that it would not snow....well I had my doubts! The wife made the call get us a room so we kept the boat on the trailer and off to the Super 8 for the racer special. When we woke in the morning it was clearing and the seas had layed down to 2-4 foot. We all got un loaded and our first card at Bay Harbor and off to Beaver....well after about 20 miles Scott made the call skip the stop at Beaver and head for the Bridge that cuts off about 20 miles it was pretty rough. We got our second card at the abandoned light house then off to the bridge. What a sight!!!!way cool after we all caught up off to the Island...... Mackinaw that is. We docked there for lunch a card and a quick fudge run!Then off to Cheboygan we all idled into the river with a cool trip through the locks and into Indian River. Next stop the Best Western River Terrace one of participants ownes it, his wife put out an awesome spread of home made stroboli.Back on the river for the idle to Mullet lake. we all regroup for the last dash to Scotts cottage on Grandview beach....well Bayley got to stretch his leggs and make us all look like we were standing still we all blew by the Sherrif at 70 ish he just watched us go. What a blast! we all rafted off and got shutteled in to land by Scotts Dad and his Whaler Thanks Don!!!A great meal the last card and pops to follow what a great day. We woke to the most beautiful day you have ever seen wish we could have hung out longer but we had to work Monday not next year!!!The Brass Balls award has to go to my Buddy Jim and His 23 Wellcraft our Children will sing songs about Chief 2 White eyes and his little canoe. The best Sun burn goes to Tom, his face will fall off later today! Thanks again Scott we had a BALL!!! Pics to follow as soon as Jim gets me the disk.

Last edited by dyno; 07-14-2003 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:46 AM
rude dog

someone made that run in a 23 wellcraft???? wow that is haviong some real balls!!!!!!!! or maybee today a back cracker ..sounds like a good time

Old 07-14-2003, 06:50 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

YEP!!! 23 Nova never even shead a tear! I think Scott wrote him a perscripion for Vicadin!!! His significant other Tammy is the tough one!!!!makes me feel like a girl......
Old 07-14-2003, 06:54 AM
rude dog

how fast can you run in a 23 when every body else is running 33 38's stuff like that and fuel that has to have a 70 gallon tank???

Old 07-14-2003, 06:54 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

We had everything from a 38 Formula with trips to the 23 Nova in the run, and we all had a blast!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 07:01 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Fuel wasn't an issue for anyone. The largest part of the group was running about 50 mph we waited for everyone at each card stop I think the longest we waited was about 20 min. Remember this was a FUN RUN not a race and we all had a Blast. The guy that could run the fastest in those conditions was the 38 and he was the one who kind of hung back with the 23 to keep him company and make sure everyone was OK. These people are a class act!!! Cant wait for next year!!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hate to give you guys this news but, sunday there was not a ripple on the water all the way around, talked to wayne and they were wide open from the lighthouse all the way to bay harbor and the boat did not even rock. dan then called me at 8 pm and he larry and doug rafted up just outside of cheboygan and drifted all the way to the bridge. yea the drifted for 18 miles in the straights, only a slight ripple on the water. when he called he was at the lighthouse and it was dead calm.

thanks for the help in the morning with the tables and chairs it was good meeting you don, tom, jim, andy. andy hope your dad had a good time. dwight good to see you and laura again, hope to hook up in a few weeks.

don't think i will forget the look on the sherrif's face, i turned to my wife after we past him and told her did not think he would catch up to us.

congrats to annie on no vacancy, the 700 winner!!!

I will also try and post some pics later, but right now it is looks like another great day, 85 for high, a day off, and a boat wanting to go rip it up.

hope you all had fun.

scott
Old 07-14-2003, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

correction don 42 formula with trips
Old 07-14-2003, 07:16 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Sorry Scott in those conditions we all looked smaller than normal!!
Old 07-14-2003, 07:16 AM
rude dog

..WOW that sounds like a great time..I am up there in August with my 23" powerquest and from mackinaw city to hessel is alwasy nice...well most of the time..What lighthouse?? off to the east of the bridge a couple of miles??

Quick Reply: The Northern Michigan Fun Run Review

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.