Notices

LOTO article is kc star

Old 07-13-2003, 12:23 PM
Steve_H

Default LOTO article is kc star

The boats -- some more than 50 feet long -- are creating wakes and waves sometimes 6 feet high. The waves are chasing smaller boats off the lake and have become a factor in numerous boating accidents.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...ar/6291221.htm

Old 07-13-2003, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once boats get beyond the no-wake buoys, however, drivers tend to "put the hammer down," accelerating quickly to high, wave-inducing speeds, McNitt said.

It isn't the high speed it is the transition and the plowing. I can't understand why that has only been mentioned in 1 article since the current flap started.

It is good and bad that the state can't remedy this and ameren can, I don't trust the state but UE doesn't answer to the public.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:53 PM
Steve_H

Terry Wise, a salesman at Port Arrowhead Marina at Lake Ozark, sees an additional problem -- the burgeoning numbers of all types of boats, especially the smaller ones.

typical response from a Sea Ray salesmen

Old 07-14-2003, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone notice that the bigger they make the no-wake zone the worse it get?
Old 07-14-2003, 10:47 AM
Registered

Size limits on boats? Not likely. Although the dealers at LOTO could start rebadging their boats. Let's see, exclude the swim platform, beaks on fountains, etc.
Gary
Old 07-14-2003, 11:18 AM
Registered

The problem is the boaters and PWC's that do not know the rules of the water. They do not allow enough room and often cut you off. Cut rentals of boats and PWC's at the Ozarks and you may see a difference. Everyone just needs to pay more attention on the Lake and remember they are not the only boat they are affecting. People need to take the time to learn how to handle a boat. I personally know someone who's first boat purchase was a 35ft 17,000lb Regal cruiser. He has about 15 hours of boating time and still has no clue how to drive it. All you need is money and you are released on the water. Just my $.02

Last edited by mjpcowboy; 07-14-2003 at 11:29 AM.