Falcon Marine pulls through !! >

Falcon Marine pulls through !!

Notices

Falcon Marine pulls through !!

Old 07-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Falcon Marine pulls through !!

After all my wows this yr. (again) I dropped the boat off last Sunday at Falcon Marine in Hampton Bays Long Island. I had never been there or spoke to them before. I new they were there, and have only heard good things about them from Sean.

I spoke to Jim last Sat. afternoon and told him the motors were not running right. He met me at the marina on Sun. morning, discussed the problems with me, and I left. I had no expectations of the boat being worked on anytime soon since this was last minute and I figured he was busy. I called Tues. afternoon to ask him to check a couple of other things and his response was " I wish you told me that before we worked on it". I said, "you worked on it"? He said "Yea, it's done" Needless to say I was pleasantly surprized!

I went to use the boat yesterday for the run to the Conn. River. Will was late showing up to meet me and we missed the run! No big deal at all because the boat ran great! He told me they still had to finish tuning the boat because it had a miss in one motor but it was OK to use it. He wasted no time getting in the boat with me, starting the motors and assuring me they were OK.

It ran great all day except for a few pops after idling for long periods. We put 120 miles on it going from the marina, across the LI Sound, up the River and back. We had a great time for a change.

I am glad I brought it to them. They are very knowledgeable, professional, and offered no BS.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, with all these praises, I better check them out. They are 5 minutes up the road from me.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Ken,
It was good meeting you at Falcon Saturday afternoon...

How did your buddies feel in the A.M ?

Hope to see you soon - your boat looked great .Give me a shout if you boat in our neck of the woods again.
- - Wes
Old 07-14-2003, 09:16 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Hi Ken:

Sounds like you had a great trip on Saturday. The missus and I were disappointed we could not go on the run, hope to catch you another time. What were the waves like on long island sound? We saw several boats turn back from the nasty ocean waves in the Shinnecock inlet. We did catch 4 bluefish on the Sonic by chasing the birds around Shinnecock bay though.

Nice job on the boat!! I need some tips from you on a few parts I noticed.....are those twin marine bolsters? Where did you get a new glovebox door, cabin hatches and head cabinet? Yes, I craned my head in to look. <gg>

Last edited by CBR; 07-14-2003 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:46 AM
GOT MERC?

Default Jimmy Mac

Can't say enough good things about Jimmy Mac and the crew at Falcon HP. Been doing business with them for the last 5 or more years. If you have a perf boat on Long Island you need to check them out.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:58 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sounds great, have heard good things about them before - do you have a number for them?
Old 07-14-2003, 11:03 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Give 'em a call at 631-723-0794....
Old 07-14-2003, 11:22 AM
Registered

Jimmy Mac & Falcon are AWESOME folks!
Old 07-14-2003, 11:33 AM
Registered

or...visit them on the web at http://www.falconhp.com
Old 07-14-2003, 04:45 PM
Registered

Wes, it was nice talking with you too. My buddies are animals!!!! They started drinking at 7:30 that morning. One of them continued till 3:00AM!!!!! Usually I like to indulge myself, but not when I am operating that boat!! Those guys wanted to run WOT all the time. Sorry, no way!! I'll be back out Friday night. I think there is a run around Shelter Island?

Chris, sorry we didn't get to hook up. The Sound was fine all day!! Lots of cruiser swells. It didn't get choppy till we came around orient Pt. But as you know the Sonic eats that stuff up!!

Thanks for the compliments on the boat. I still have a lot of cosmetic stuff to do! I am more concerned about the motors running right rather than how it looks.

Hope to see you all soon. How about Claudios on Sat??