Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which 31-foot to 35-foot boat has the most comfortable cabin? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/54475-31-foot-35-foot-boat-has-most-comfortable-cabin.html)

Clay Washington 07-15-2003 10:07 AM

Which 31-foot to 35-foot boat has the most comfortable cabin?

I am 6-feet, 195 pounds and my wife (5-foot 4-inches, 130 pounds) wants a bigger boat. I currently own a 22-foot bowrider (that is "For Sale"), and I want to get a cuddy/performance boat.

While speed is important, I want a comfortable cabin. I live in an apartment, so it would be nice to have a boat that I can "write off" (as a house) on my income taxes. I would like an enclosed head, Air Conditioning/Heat, Shore Power w/ charger, and plently of room for me and my wife to sleep comfortably. I'm not sure about a gen-set, but if I want one, I would like to be able to add it later.

Please give me your opinions. Thanks! :D

Mark in So. MD 07-15-2003 10:18 AM

My opinion:

If ya feel like spending some serious cash: Black Thunder
If you dont want to spend as much: Sonic

TeamSonic42 07-15-2003 10:20 AM

31 to 35 Sonic. Big Cabin, good speed and performance, great rough water ride. However I dont think you can gat a Genny as an option due to size of the models 31 & 35.

A good friend of mine has a real nice 02 35, loaded out that is for sale. He just bought a small 1800 watt genny from Home Depot and puts it on the swim platform to run the A/C, etc when anchoring out. Genny cost him $300 and change. Decently quiet and works well.

As for the rest of the Sonic you, cant beat it for the size, performance, handeling, price, etc. Going to be impossible to beat it, with all that it offers. Go check one out and see for yourself.

Good Luck.

tpmarine.com 07-15-2003 10:27 AM

baja

I own a 322 Baja...8.6 Beam with 5' 9"s of head room and most come completely loaded with fridge, microwave, stand up head, tv/vcr, stove etc. etc.

If your looking for a good performance/luxury boat I would suggest the 342.

There is my input.

Don B.

cigarette1 07-15-2003 10:27 AM

A Cigarette Cafe Racer by far. When we started looking at another boat, the cabin was important to the wifey. One day at one of the runs to the Yardhouse, she took a peek around Ruckus and was blown away. Then I saw that the later model Cafe Racer had, basically, the same layout ... it was a done deal.

My boat could be for sale(relativly cheap). It has the enclosed head, air conditioning, shorepower, charger and plenty of room. It even has seating at a table that doesn't have to be removed to get around the cabin. I also have new 496HOs with warranties(you'd be suprised how well they run).

You'll have to decide if you want a Sport SUV or a Winnibago

G

http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/...CafeRacer2.jpg:D

BAJA WILL 07-15-2003 10:42 AM

As much as I hate to admit it, Donzi has the most plush cabins I have seen. Given the list, However after reading your needs, you will be best off with a Sonic or Active Thunder, For size of boat Sonic gives you allot of room.

WILL;)

Donzi38ZX 07-15-2003 10:50 AM

Of course I will say Donzi. 33ZX has 5'9" headroom and a 9'3" beam for a very roomy cabin and cockpit.

Krumbsnatcher 07-15-2003 11:03 AM

cigarette1

Is that lake Mead?, I have seen that boat around, where do you boat at normally?

ST31 07-15-2003 11:04 AM

Clay,

If you ever make it to the Dallas area call me and I will take you out on my Sonic 31SS. Plenty of cabin room and great standard features.

How was the poker run on Travis last Saturday? Was planning on going but had to cancel at the last minute.

audacity 07-15-2003 11:14 AM

DONZI!