Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BEWARE of  Power Marine and Blown1500 >

BEWARE of Power Marine and Blown1500

Notices

BEWARE of Power Marine and Blown1500

Old 07-23-2003, 04:18 PM
Robert Horne

As for Whipple, we have our differences. None of you have the whole story, so please don't judge me.
We did not outsource any rebuilds. If you need detail about any engine I did, just tell me what you want to know and I will do my best to clear up any problem.
Also, (NOT MARK) if someone you are doing a job for says they don't have the money right now, is it OK to work on other projects untill they say the do have the money?

Old 07-23-2003, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Robert : glad you are back. Let me say first i agree 100% about Bobby/Jack ! I still have not seen a reason for him being ousted.....
I have to ask you though......Why all the problems with Marks motor ? It seems these things are the norm with marine engine builders. Missed deadlines,no returned calls. So common it seems many of these guys just accept it. If i did that my customers would boot me in a heart beat !!! Not jumping on you....I just don't get it ?
I can't help but wonder what would have happened to Mark without OSO ? Thanks for your time.
Paul Francisco
Old 07-23-2003, 04:32 PM
Robert Horne

birdog,
My sole attention is the engine work and my communications skills are not what they should be. Missed deadlines are part of the business because there are so many missed deadlines, BACKORDERS, and delays that are unforseen. Like work on Mark's boat. That had to be done, but now someone else's time is used. I offered to do the boat, just had a problem with TIME. The last time, I did not make it clear that I would stop what I was doing and work on Mark's boat, but could not finish it that night. I NEVER said I would not do anything necessary.

Old 07-23-2003, 04:48 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Robert
Glad to see you and Mark did the right thing. Sorry I never had the chance to stop by and see you that time. Maybe the next time I'm in the area.
BTW the easiest thing about time management is to know when to say no!

Dan
Old 07-23-2003, 05:02 PM
Robert Horne

Too Old, I will not get into that here, but there is more to this than black and white or yes and no. I will not address this here again.
DanB, sorry I missed you! My one biggest problem is that I just cannot tell anyone I just dont have time when they just insist!!!!

Old 07-23-2003, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Robert Horne
Also, (NOT MARK) if someone you are doing a job for says they don't have the money right now, is it OK to work on other projects until they say the do have the money?
I for one have had dealing with an engine builder I will never use again due to the storks of " It will be ready next week" Twice I went to pick up the parts & pay my bill but was talked out of it. After I was ready to kick myself for leaving the motor there I picked the pieces & went home & completed the motor in one night.

The engine builder I now use is somewhat better as to when he will get it done but not to the extent of the first engine builder.

For response to the above quote- Yes. I for one have never said I did not have the money & always picked up the motor the day of or the next day they said it was ready to go. The problem is constantly getting moved back in the lineup. Put me in line, tell me I have to wait 1, 2 or 3 months for it to be ready. When it comes my time get working on it & finish it. I know sometime you do one thing you can not order parts until something else gets done first since you will not know what is exactly needed. I have found for some reason I can get parts faster than the first engine builder I dealt with.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has been an interesting thread, along with similar ones as of late.

I recall when Bobby Daniels first joined the board he was given the "who the hell are you" treatment. Over time he came to be respected and regarded as a good reference by many on the board. This thread hits and he get's crucified!

I don't blame Robert for not responding. Personally, if I were an engine builder, I wouldn't touch OSO with a ten foot crankshaft.

Last edited by Frequency; 07-23-2003 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Registered

This post boils down to something very simple..........COMMUNICATION!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy
a.k.a. "Bad-Habit"
Old 07-23-2003, 07:12 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Robert Horne
there is more to this than black and white or yes and no.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:29 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

I have been reading this post but have not posted. I am not directly involved so I refrained myself. But now I would like to know for sure if there were used parts put in this motor when originally built?

Quick Reply: BEWARE of Power Marine and Blown1500

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.