Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Question for Hot Duck (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/54689-question-hot-duck.html)

Coddigtion 07-17-2003 12:39 PM

Question for Hot Duck

What about the 45 Apache from Hawk Power? How is that going?

lucy 07-17-2003 01:16 PM

KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot Duck 07-17-2003 01:17 PM

I have to go to Ft. Lauderdale next week, so on the way home I will either go to Blountstown to pick it up or have Todd meet me in Jacksonville. Finally! I should be home with it a week from this Saturday.

We were planning to have it delivered to the APBA race in Savannah, but Bill and I could not get away from Ocean City over the 4th of July weekend. We were packed and ready to go, but just could not get away. With the water conditions they had there on Sunday, it would have been a great race for our Gladiator. Oh well, there will be other events.

I will post some pics of the Apache when we get home.

chickracer 07-17-2003 05:13 PM

Saw the boat (45' Apache) today, no engines in the back. It was sitting off of Hwy 20 in Blountstown, in front of a daycare.

Hot Duck 07-17-2003 07:13 PM

That is Hawk Power. Todd leases the front of that building to the daycare. The building behind that one is where the actual shop is.

I left the boat there to have the engines rebuilt. That was 3 months ago! At the time (April), everybody around here was too busy to do the rebuilds, so I left it there because Todd said that he could start it right away. Also, before I left it there I asked this board about Hawk Power and did not get any negative responses on the company. The only responses I got were some concerns about the boat. :(

Anyhow, I am going to make the best of what may become a bad situation. I am very concerned to hear all of these horror stories now. Believe me that my a** will be covered with all the necessary paperwork and that the engines will be yanked and run on the dyno as soon as we get it home.

It makes me very nervous to hear that he is selling the molds. If there is anybody in the Blountstown area, please keep an eye on my boat. I will be down there to pick it up next week. Todd claims that it will finally be finished. I hope so, but finished or not, it is coming home.

buckknekkid 07-17-2003 07:53 PM

Hot Duck

I sincerely hope you come out of this ok:fish: :fish:

buckknekkid 07-17-2003 07:53 PM

is that a bubble bursting

Originally posted by lucy
KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or a house of cards????????????:frog: :frog:

chickracer 07-17-2003 08:05 PM

45' Apache

I have some suggestions regarding getting your boat before the work is complete. Another customer from Missouri took his boat and unfinished engines. Now he is having a very hard time getting criminal charges filed. He is pursuing it civilly, but that is costly when you have already lost money. Contact Ken Futch at the Calhoun County Sheriffs office, 850-674-5049. He is the investigator and will help and advise you. The same engine man is there that has been there since todd started building these in January 2003. An engine man is only as good as the parts you can afford to go in the engine, if you get my point. he has not fired him or replaced him. That was another of his many many lies. (like having a dino that works)

If I were you I would tell him to stop and just go get your stuff. I think you will come out cheaper in the long run.

Your boat is awesome!

Chick Racer

buckknekkid 07-17-2003 08:14 PM

chick racer

It seems like you have a lot of in depth knowledge and probably some information to impart to the rest of us. What was/is your involvement with Cimmino? Buckk:fish: :fish:

chickracer 07-17-2003 08:41 PM

Unfortunately so

I am just another of his many victims. I have no involvement with him anymore. Todd is a con man and a very good one. I hate to see innocent, trusting people taken in. There is nothing he won't do, no one he won't use. I will do what I can to help, without putting myself in jeopardy. Understand, this was business dealing, not personal. I don't want to come off as a "slighted woman." My dealings with the authorities has been disappointing. fraud is a very hard thing to prove.

Chick racer