Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
One of the worst months of my life (a little self pitty and some ranting) >

One of the worst months of my life (a little self pitty and some ranting)

Notices

One of the worst months of my life (a little self pitty and some ranting)

Old 07-13-2003, 02:07 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One of the worst months of my life (a little self pitty and some ranting)

In the last 30 days I've broken up with my girlfriend of 2 years, got layed off (temporarily), broke my boat, put a dent in my truck I can't afford to fix (insurance deductable is more than I have at the moment), and I've never been as broke as I am this week (no check due to the layoff). To top it all off, my computer is now all F-ed up. Took me nearly 20 minutes to make this post. I can watch the cursor move, placing each and every letter of this post one-at-a-time VERY slowly. What else can go wrong?????

And I'm not kidding about this post taking 20 minutes either!! Frustrating!!!! So, now I need a new motor and a new computer?????
Old 07-13-2003, 02:52 AM
Registered

Wow I hope things turn around for ya. I see your up at 3am on oso on a saturday night. I have an excuse, I'm working. Just kidding. Look at the bright side, at least you have a boat, and from the sound of it things can only get better.
Old 07-13-2003, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Waterfoul -
it can get worse, I've been there, - and am still recovering from some of those things. Look on the other side, you didn't marry her and have kids , you still have your boat, and you still have your truck.
I got lucky and found a good woman - (one that understands me and realizes what I'm about). The fact that she's beautiful is luck in my favor. I'm still working my way out of those old problems, and it will take a few years, - so my friend, you're not in that deep yet!

Boats can be fixed.
There are other jobs.
there are other women - don't settle for the wrong one.

I'm not gonna feed your self pity - get off your ass and fix the boat!! HAHA
Good luck to you
Bouy
Old 07-13-2003, 06:47 AM
Registered

SO.........the saying "That you are so far down...that it is starting to look like up to you" applies.
Don't worry...Be Happy.......... things do change course...never as fast as we like it to.
Old 07-13-2003, 07:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Things will work out. Concentrate on the job thing first and then the rest will fall into place. I was facing a possible layoff a few month ago, I know how stressfull it can be. I have a lot of overhead too, wife, kids, house, etc. etc. I ended up finding a good job with a good pay increase. Try monster.com that's were I found my job, or you can say it found me.

Dave M.

P.S. The only thing that sucks about my new job is that I have to work some weekends. So, I am cyberboating today while at work.
Old 07-13-2003, 07:28 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hope things get better 'foul. Look at the bright side, like everyone else said....wait for the right woman. I've gone the wrong way 2x's. (And now that cost's me 1300.00 a month it's for the kids which is well worth it but they don't live with me....which does suck!) Jobs are out there you'll find a better one!!! P/C problem is probably something simple and inexpensive(mine cost 80.00 to fix, what a releif!!) The boat on the other hand is a summer time tragedy!!! Wish I could help you on that one.....I can!!! Come on down to The Chesapeake and I'll show you were you can get your boat fixed (I'm an auto mechanic of 21 years so i may be able to help), your P/C fixed and hell maybe find a good woman for at least a night or two!!!!

Grass is always greener.......and the water always bluer (sp)
Old 07-13-2003, 07:54 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Mike-remember how when were at loto at said that we have to watch the clearance between the sponsons and the truck? Well, some other people drove the truck over the weekend and somebody turned too tight. Folded the fender right in.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:04 AM
Registered

Some years ago I was just as dejected as I thought a person could ever get due to a series of circumstances not unlike yours. I looked up and wailed,"Why Me?" And a little voice came from out of nowhere saying,"Cheer up. Things could be much worse!" So I cheered up and, sure enough, things got much worse! Just don't give up. --- Jer
Old 07-13-2003, 10:59 AM
bobby daniels

Hey waterfoul what happened to your boat ??
I hope everthing turns around for you ,it will give it time

Old 07-13-2003, 11:07 AM
Registered

Waterfoul;
You should have come over for the ''COPS" run yesterday. We had a great time and it would have given you some time away, very important.
Now, if your boating is over for this year, GET OUT THERE AND START WORKING ON IT FOR NEXT YEAR!

PS. the girlfriend thing, see if you can`t get some ''symathy sex
from her best friend!

Last edited by Roger 1; 07-13-2003 at 11:13 AM.

Quick Reply: One of the worst months of my life (a little self pitty and some ranting)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.