Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Mini Season(lobster) In Key West -who's Goin'?? >

Mini Season(lobster) In Key West -who's Goin'??

Notices

Mini Season(lobster) In Key West -who's Goin'??

Old 07-18-2003, 09:54 PM
tunnelvision

Default Mini Season(lobster) In Key West -who's Goin'??

ANYBODY ELSE HEADING DOWN FOR MINI SEASON ????

Old 07-19-2003, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I'll be in Islamarada from Tue. to Fri. catching the "Bugs" !!! Dave
Old 07-19-2003, 07:53 AM
tunnelvision

WE STAYING DOWN IN KEY WEST. HOPE THE WATER CALMS DOWN A LITTLE,HEARD IT'S STIRRED UP A BIT NOW. CAN'T WAIT !!

Old 07-19-2003, 08:08 AM
Registered

The last couple of years the water has been stirred up. A few years back all the trailers at Breezy Palms blew off the point with 60 mph winds in a squall. Last year we had to hide under the bridge at Robbies from a large squall with water spouts everywhere. I don't know what is with the weather down there anymore. How is the lobstering in Key West ? Used to do Marathon all the time now we just stay at the Hampton Inn in Islamarada. It has a little bit for everybody....Outback Steakhouse, Tiki Bar, Pool, Beach, Ramp and dock space. Dave
Old 07-19-2003, 05:32 PM
tunnelvision

we've been staying at the same place in key west for the last 3 yrs. have had real good luck w/bugs , 6 of us and got our limit easy. its right near duval st. so there's plenty to do at night. what are they getting for roooms at islemarada ???

Old 07-19-2003, 06:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I stay at the CASA MARINA It seems to be a cool place just a walk away from Duval street Ilike the private surroundings
Old 07-19-2003, 09:06 PM
tunnelvision

we're at pelican landing. 5 story w/private dock on the corner of eisenhower and i guess that's u.s. 1. right across from city marina. capo71, where do you head to gulf or ocean side to chase em' ??

Old 07-20-2003, 08:16 AM
Registered

Hey Tunnel - The Hampton rooms with kitchens, (2 Rooms), are $242.00 per night and the dock space is $37.50 per night. The water going out to the Atlantic is pretty shallow at low tide but you can do it with a 30' boat watching the tides. It is just up from Bud and Mary's. Dave
Old 07-20-2003, 07:21 PM
tunnelvision

dave, you should maybe check out the place we stay. 2 bed/bath condo, 1-king other room has 2 qn.'s. full, and the couch is a sleeper too, kithen, washer dryer, boat slip is included. they've got thier own ice machine, decent pool . hell they even have a little tikki hut by the pool (make your own self-serve bar !)slips are real nice and you can't beat duval and the square at night. seems like most everyone stays at the upper keys more .it hasn't been to crowded to us. this place is 300. /night , but it's not a hotel so you have to book a week............ricky

Old 07-20-2003, 11:42 PM
Registered

Hey Tunnel, Key West is ok. But not KID friendly if you know what I mean......We hit KW usually one night out of the mini season for an adult night out....I'll just grab the bug's and come back in Nov. ........I make WAY to many trips to the Keys....Dave

Quick Reply: Mini Season(lobster) In Key West -who's Goin'??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.