Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT...Any Verizon employees ready? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55064-ot-any-verizon-employees-ready.html)

Shah Mat 07-22-2003 05:41 AM

OT...Any Verizon employees ready?

It's contract time. Are you ready for the big vacation? I have been offering free boat rides for the month of Aug.....they just have to pay for gas.

I would love to make a picket line out of boats on the Potomac River.

VinMan 07-22-2003 07:38 AM

I cant wait for all the free time to use the boat, too bad most of it will be spent sitting at the dock!:rolleyes:

BODYSHOT1 07-22-2003 09:28 AM

Originally posted by VinMan
I cant wait for all the free time to use the boat, too bad most of it will be spent sitting at the dock!:rolleyes:

Nah!..testing time Bro!...let's get fixed and get going!!

:D

HyperBaja 07-22-2003 09:39 AM

Verizon.....screwed me over this month :mad: 3.99$ for unlimited txt messages.... was told it will be on this bill, guess what, no 3.99, but rather 59$ something on text messages!!!!!!!

Shah Mat 07-22-2003 09:54 AM

Hey Hyperbaha, wrong dept. That's wireless you're talking about. We are the land line people. Contract expires Aug. 2 so we may be on strike on Aug 4.

CJC 07-22-2003 09:54 AM

Good luck

I wish you Verizon guys the best of luck. I was hoping it would not come to this, but everyone is planning on it. A lot of my friends work at Verizon and I'm a tech at AT&T -(please no daggers in my back) :rolleyes: We got Soooooo lucky getting an offer at a time like this. I hope everything works out in your favor and we can all retire from our respective companies when WE decide it's time to go.

Casey

Shah Mat 07-22-2003 10:03 AM

Thanks CJC,
I read about your deal, sounded pretty good.

You're right about everyone planning on it...and it's not just the workers. Over the years I have never seen the company itself prepare for a strike like they are now. There are some BIG issues on the table right now. Lets hope our union is as strong as ever. If you are a contractor for Verizon take some advice, don't cross the picket line. Things are gonna get nasty.

Sea Ya 07-22-2003 10:27 AM

We will have a sign on the boat as we putt in front of 1500 MacCorkle Ave in Charleston, WV. Good luck, guys.
Retired from Verizon and dam glad.

Donzi Corleone 07-22-2003 07:11 PM

I`m with ya brothers!!! Teamsters (UPS) They think their ready for the strike. They dont have a clue whats in store. All vacations cancelled and time off (Forgetaboudit) morale inside will crumble soon after the strike with 75 hr. work weeks. Mgmt always thinks they can move out the union. Like at UPS they will bite off more then they can chew. The main thing" STAY UNITED" they will attemp to divide and conquer. GOOD LUCK

Prowler 07-22-2003 09:30 PM

The contractors have nothing to do with the Verizon Strike, they do NOT get any of the benefits the Verizon workers get from the strike either....so you bet this contractor will be working. The contractors don't make the money the Verizon employees make nor have the great benefits. The contractors weren't given overtime to stock pile money for the strike, plus how quickly forgotton the contractor strike last year, and who kept right on working???? If you guessed the Verizon brothers, your right. So, we're expected to lose the roof over our head and have our credit ruined for a strike that doesn't have anything to do with us. I'm sorry but I'm a little aggravated about this situation. It gets to me how no one bothers to get both sides to the story.
So, I'll be working Strike or not, unless some of my Verizon brothers want to pay all my bills.
I'm a mechanic contractor, just work on the trucks...