Notices

New Ford 6.0 P.O.S.!!!

Old 07-23-2003, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Sean
Cig,

I thougth I saw a commmercial on TV a day or two ago that mentioned the 'burb was available with duramax power...was i seeing things??? might be worth investigating further...

here's an article i just found also...

http://www.autonews.com/article.cms?articleId=42395
I was told they are putting the Duramax in for 04, but the Allison won't fit. They are going to be putting the standard tranny from the gas motors, which kind of scares me.

I don't know if I can wait for the 04's, I need a tow vehicle now. I got rid of my 02 f-350 with the 7.3, so the Excursion is it for now.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:20 PM
Registered

Stick with the FORD!!! Why would you want to move to a stationwagon?
Old 07-23-2003, 04:25 PM
Registered

can you say cummings
Old 07-23-2003, 05:42 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear about your problems. I've got an '03 F250 with the PSD. So far (5K miles) no problems. Love it, especially the power and torque. Can't believe the acceleration. Don't underestand the issues with mileage. I'm averaging around 18+ with mine.

Bought it mostly to plow snow, should be a brute.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:54 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Boot is right about NO fix yet. The reflashes have done nothing except cause much frustration. Yes, there will be a "FIX" ie. reflash, but they are still having teething problems. Like has been mentioned, if you get one and have no problems, they run awesome, no doubt. But if you have one with problems, be patient, Ford will get it worked out. Oh yea, if your 6.0 runs good, DO NOT let them reflash it. Good luck.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 6.0 Diesel

I purchased my '03 Excursion with the new 6.0. I drove HavasuCig's new Excursion and liked it so much, I got my own. I have been having idleing problems as well. When the truck is idleing or stopped (running) it surges in RPM's alot. I had one instance when I was on a highway onramp trying to excelerate-- it wouldn't excelerate --just like HavasuCig's was doing. The new motor is pretty good when running, but just isn't as smooth as my old 7.3 diesel.
I wouldn't even try to bring back HavasuCig's TopGun with my truck, it needs the actuator for the electric brakes!! My old F-350 stopped better with a boat behind it than the Excursion stops by itself!! (no joke)
My last truck was a '99 F-350 dually with the 7.3 that was the best vehicle I ever, ever had! Hopefully Ford will step up and fix these problems asap. I am a customer service oriented person, so if it's not fixed to my satisfaction, I will never buy a Ford again.

I have a friend that I grew up with who works for the Director of Material Planning & Logistics Engineering at FORD and she said she will be glad to help me (whomever) if we still have problems. Her boss has alot of connections...we'll see!
Old 07-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Semper Fi, I totally disagree. My 6.0 is much smoother than my '99 7.3.

As for the "dead peddle", mine did it a few times on the highway. I went to change lanes to pass someone, stepped on the peddle and nothing happened. My buddy works at Ford and he changed the ICP sensor and it has not happened since.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Pure Energy--

I need to get mine in for it's first oil change asap, I'll have them check out the ICP sensor when they do it. Glad to hear your truck is running well.

My last truck ran for 230K and ran great when I sold it, but my new 6.0 is NOT smoother than my old 7.3 !!
Old 07-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 7.3 had 100,000 when I sold and still running strong! I love the new 6.0 and it is strange we have diff. opinions. Good luck and I hope you get it straightened out.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Registered

I was idling in a parking lot in Laguna Beach last weekend waiting and spacing out listening to tunes. I guy knocked on my window when I was looking the other way and freaked me out. I rolled down the window to see what he and his family wanted. He said; "Sorry to bother you, but what did you do to your truck to make it so quite? I have a diesel X and it is soooo noisy compared to yours!" I told him this is the new 6.0 and you probably have the 7.3. His wife smacked him on the shoulder and said "why don't we have one of those?"

Quick Reply: New Ford 6.0 P.O.S.!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.