Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Vixen is BACK! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55236-vixen-back.html)

Shevixen 07-23-2003 07:19 PM

Vixen is BACK!

To all of our friends and fellow racers who have sent many well wishes and kind words of encouragement for Mel...I am happy to announce that Mel is doing GREAT!

After weeks of testing and an invasive cardiac catheterization today, it has been found that he has a healthy heart and most likely had a virus which caused some weakness, thus creating some output problems. He is taking medication and has been ordered to rest for a few weeks, but should be fine!!!

As most of you know, Mel was "benched" at the SBI Marathon race. As his daughter, I am eternally grateful to the doctor who caught the problem in its earliest stages. If this problem had not been detected, it could have progressed and caused irreversible damage to his heart. I don't know who you are Doc...but thank you!

We will be racing at the APBA event coming up in Sarasota with Ken Kasten filling in as driver and Dave running throttles. As for the Nationals in Tampa...we're told by Mel's physician that he should be able to race without any problems!

I love you Dad...I'm glad that you are OK and look forward to seeing you back in the throttle position in Tampa!

Jerri Howard
Team Vixen Racing P5-16:frog:

Reindl Powerboats 07-23-2003 07:22 PM

Glad to see Captain Ken back with you guys. Hope Mel is back in the saddle sometime soon, but Ken will take care of you, he was one heck of a One Design competitor.

ScottB 07-23-2003 08:33 PM

Great News, I look foward to seeing you guys in SARASOTA

Velocity Tom 07-23-2003 08:45 PM

That great to hear ! I just seen Mel at the punta rasa boat ramp on July 3rd. If you nead anything call me. Tom D.

BODYSHOT1 07-24-2003 07:43 AM

Great News!....glad to hear Mel's doing well....

Marty

:cool:

Wardey 07-24-2003 07:45 AM

Great News !!!! God Bless and see you in Sarasota. Dave

frequentflyer 07-24-2003 08:25 AM

Great news... Glad everything worked out :)

Pete B 07-24-2003 09:02 AM

congrats,
it will be good to see ken at the helm again. good luck
Glad to hear Mel is doing well, we will see you soon.

Hauling Trash 07-24-2003 09:04 AM

Great News,

Mike Merola

BRUCE SEROFF 07-24-2003 10:23 AM

good news

see ya in Sarasota:p :p :p

DanB 07-24-2003 01:54 PM

What Bruce said

Dan
F1-83 Team Screamin Eagle

PJA 07-24-2003 06:31 PM

Glad to hear it. Now sit still for a couple of weeks talk to ya soon Pete

cuda 07-24-2003 10:58 PM

I am very happy to hear this good news!

Mag27 07-25-2003 01:49 PM

Thank You Guys and Gals for your thoughts an words of encouagement when i really needed it.I been all over this country in my lifetime and dealt with people from all over the world in business over the years,but i have to say YOU boat racers and OSO peaple are the GREATEST. Mel TEAM VIXEN