Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run Aug 1&2... >

Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run Aug 1&2...

Notices

Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run Aug 1&2...

Old 07-25-2003, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Nauti-Props
oh well......look out Dave!
Old 07-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thunder, what time will you be hitting I64 east? I plan on leaving Richmond at 11:00am (miss traffic). Maybe we can tow down together?
Old 07-28-2003, 12:39 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Okay I'm gonna bring this post alive as we're in the final push towards Friday Night. Hey Cig, where are you tying up Fri/Sat night? East Beach or Marina Shores? East Beach is gonna be grouping everyone together...
Old 07-28-2003, 07:46 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

TTT
Old 07-28-2003, 09:11 PM
Registered

It's here and I'm ready to go!
Attached Thumbnails Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run Aug 1&2...-1st-day.jpg  
Old 07-28-2003, 11:26 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Looks great Greg. Can't wait to check it out and especially to see her run...Are you getting a slip at East Beach Marina Friday/Saturday?...
Old 07-29-2003, 07:33 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Rick, we're now up to 3 boats trailering over from Richmond. Myself, James (32' AT), and Richard (30' IMP). I'll be at Marina Shores about 1:30. I plan on tying up there - it's closer to my folk's house.

Greg, the boat look great!! Congratualtions again!
Old 07-29-2003, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cig,

We don't know if Bill can get the day off or how soon we might be able to leave if he can leave early. We will keep in touch.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

That's one beautiful Donzi.

Also, for you HR guys; I caught a pic of a few of you rafted up in the Virginia Living magazine; August 2003. Several boats including a Baja and the SH Lead Sled.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Here's a copy of an informational email I sent out today:

Reminder:
Each boat has paid for at least FOUR persons (including captain) to eat lunch at the lunch stop, FOUR t-shirts, and passes for FOUR people to get in both party's. So make the most of the day/weekend and bring friends along for the ride. Additional poker hands are available for $100 each hand and will be purchased in the captain's name/boat to ensure non-participants are not included in the draws. Should you (the captain) decide you want to purchase a hand and provide it to one of your passengers or keep it, be advised of the process. There will be no "non-poker-run" hands sold this year as opposed to year's past. Volunteers get a t-shirt and entrance to both party's including food and lite beverages (soda) for having provided a "minimum" of 2 hours effort. I have all the poker run volunteers covered and names submitted.

Additionally:
You don't have to be a poker run participant to join the fun. You can bring your family, friends, and neighbors as well to the party's, only they will have to pay a cover charge. (keep in mind this is a fund-raising event) Each participant/s will be issued a wrist band to get in. So it will be easily distinguished who's who.

Numbers for East Beach Marina, Bay Point Marina, Marina Shores, and Little Creek Boatel/Marina is provided below for your convenience should you decide to either dock your boat overnight; use the slip for transient purposes Fri/Sat night; or overnight totally. East Beach which is 3/10ths of a mile (6 minute walk, shuttle provided) is offering the best deal per foot and has new floating docks with power. It's also connected to the Blue Crab Restaurant....

Marina's with slips:
1) East Beach Marina - 757-362-5000 (ask for Mike, reference LCR) This is the primary slip/overnight location. Mention Regatta and get slipped up with other participants.
2) Bay Point Marina - 757-362-8432 (this marina is adjacent to party area but limited availability due to sailboat docking)
3) **Marina Shores Boatel/Marina- 757-496-7000 (located inside Lynnhaven Inlet to the east, ask for Dean aka "Peanut" or mention LC Regatta) This is the marina offering free forklifting in/out of the water and trailer parking for the duration.
4) Little Creek Boatel/Marina - 757-362-3600 (within walking distance of party's but availability/pricing is unknown).

Nearest Primary Boat Ramps:
1) Cobb's Marina across from East Beach Marina in Little Creek Harbor: 757-588-5401 (ramp is repaired and available and the closest to festivities for trailering).
2) Va. Beach City Public Ramp - 757-460-7590 (located at the western base of Lesner Bridge spanning Lynnhaven Inlet just east of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (RT-13) off Shore Drive. Little Creek Harbor where the start and party's are located, is just west of the Bay Bridge Tunnel. Marina Shores Boatel/Marina is just east of this location inside Lynhaven Inlet. Could get crowded late in the day)
3) Bubba's Restaurant/Marina - 757-481-3513 (opposite side of Lesner Bridge/City Ramp next to the "Inlet Restaurant". Suitable really only for smaller boats < 28ft due to tight confines & crowds).

Trailering Information:
If you plan on trailering the boat to the party's, a grassy parking area (left side entering immediately before party grounds) will be available for parking your truck/trailer/boat.

I hope this information helps facilitate your weekend and please share with all....

Last year was smokin' hot out; this year looks more comfortable...

Last edited by Reckless32; 07-29-2003 at 10:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run Aug 1&2...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.