Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   check it out! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55430-check-out.html)

puder 07-26-2003 12:23 AM

check it out!

1 Attachment(s)
ok i took my sweet time posting this. BUT better late than never.

I'm waiting on the SCCA to get back to me with my official SCCA liscense.
:D

puder 07-26-2003 12:28 AM

oh if anyone is onterested in road racing I woudl highly recommend the ROOS school. I had agreat time. The instructors were awesome and there is no "lead follow" or speed limit and you are allowed to pass from the first session in the race cars (after noon of day 1). Ski[p barbers was on ione of the other courses at pocano whiel i was there and the skippies kids spent the first 2 days following a neon (whil they were in race cars).

Where as we ran 2 morning session in volvos to learn eth track followed by a "slide car" session which teaches you to control spin and out of control cars. then after lunch its all race cars from there on out and you pretty much are free to leanr at your own pace.

oh yeah and not to toot my own horn or anythign but at the end of the week you run your first race, and guess who took the poll and the win ;)

puder 07-26-2003 12:32 AM

oh one more thing i'll be posting soem in car vids once I digitize them. Unfortunaly i don't get any still photos(race pics of me one th track) for at least 2-3 weeks.

oh one more thing the first 3 days of the school there is no crash liability. If you wreck the car its on the schools dime. Last 2 days you are limited to $3500.

I reiterate. Absolutley awesome! I might even venture to say i enjoyed it more than boating.......

Steve 1 07-26-2003 10:38 AM

Wow Cool Puder!

puder 07-26-2003 10:41 AM

f500 is affordable BUT its awful!!!!! I hate the sound fof the 2 stroke snowmobie engines! When they are running it isn't too bad but idleing around the pits is horrible. Plus they dont; have gears, so there is no shifting and its all left foot braking like in a shifter kart or rotax kart.

If i get into a car its probably going to be a formula ford 1600. Formula continentals are cool adn i'd liek to get one but they are just to pricey to run. Any off track excursions take out the wings and wings are expensive. Plus i'd liek to get at least a season on a pure mechanical grip car before running aero cars. Cars with wings and diffusers aren't very forgiving.

I'll have some pics in a few weeks. Once the photographer develops them.

I'm going to post some on my in car video soon.

you can check otu the school and the cars at www.racenow.com

sy goldberg 07-26-2003 10:45 AM

PUDER AND SCCA

In regards to PUDER SCCA means Small Children Crashing Abruptly.:D

timucin 07-26-2003 10:46 AM

cool!