Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I'm all done in Lake George (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55472-im-all-done-lake-george.html)

Chuck 07-26-2003 07:36 PM

I'm all done in Lake George

Well today was the last straw!!! I had a late start and didn't get to the lake until almost 3p.m. On the way to the ramp I saw the Lake George Patrol cruising the shoreline near my launch. At that point I said to my girlfriend "great, how much you want to bet he will be waiting for us". Sure enough I didn't even get out of the bay. I was told I was getting my 3rd noise test and that if it didn't pass he was ordering me off the lake. The conversation started with how he was upset because he could see me rolling my eyes when I saw him waiting for me. Imagine that????? What else better would I have to do on a Saturday afternoon. He must be superman with eyes like that. I proceeded to get agitated but in no way out of line for the situation. I guess he never hears any sarcasim or profanity in that line of work. The part that really bothers me is that even though I know he is doing his job and I am over the limit(5 dcb.) the extent of the conversation was how with such a nice expensive boat I must be able to afford to correct the situation. This was just one of many comments of that nature. It seems to me like a typical case of a guy who is 30 making 30 or less. How is that my fault??Anyway enough ranting. If you have a nice boat and boat on Lake George watch out for Greg Dunn of the Lake Patrol. Short something syndrom!!!!!

GLH 07-26-2003 08:20 PM

Chuck drive a little further north to Champlain been boating here since 1988 never been stopped for sound or speed, and I have never seen anyone stopped for sound. Besides you'll be able to stretch the legs of that new 30' Specter here without running over someone!

Formula Outlaw 07-26-2003 08:23 PM

Guess I should consider myself lucky. Though we have to watch ourselves through the no-wake/slow speed zones, especially Manatee Zones, we don't get hassled by "the noise police" here on the west coast of Florida. It really sucks because they way the tests are administered are so ******* arbitrary. The next time one of our "poker run" groups are together, I will pay particular attention that at least we can hear our group without the bull****.

Steve 1 07-26-2003 08:26 PM

That sucks.Work all week and get hassled on the weekend for bullshij.:mad:

Roy 07-26-2003 09:56 PM

Time to move back home to the St. Lawrence River? How's the new Spectre running? Would like to go for a ride when you come up this way.

Hot Boat 07-26-2003 11:03 PM

I was on the lake today. when I was heading in from log bay there was a sheriff at the huddle beach dock. I was just waiting for him to nail me for load exhaust. just before I past him i shut off the engine and coasted in to the dock. Luckily I got away with it. I hear that they been real hard asses this year. I try and be as considerate as possible. I Idle in and out and I don't get on the boat until I am quite aways out. I do understand that some people dont want to here the noise.

Chuck where did you launch from. Its a big lake what about launching at a deferent location. also 5db isn't that hard to correct. they make some inexpensive inserts that will quiet it down with no loss in power.

Are you going to the bash at Log Bay on Monday????

CAP071 07-27-2003 12:33 AM

If you know there maybe a d*ck out there always video tape the event I been doing that and they always get upset n leave when I pull my video camera out

R Addiction 07-27-2003 05:31 AM

Not from the area Chuck, have relatives that live in Saratoga Springs, but it seems like there are alot of lakes up there to go to. Brother in law keeps his boat on the Sacandaga (sp). Next year I think he is going to Lake Champlain. Then again he is a cruiser (big Rinker).
May be up that way in august or september. Would like to go up in Aug. and go to the track!! Always something to do there in August!;)

hugetime1 07-27-2003 07:12 AM

Chuck, I know what you mean they tried pulling that chit with me,
i just told him to F!$k off and he was going to have to shoot me to get me off the lake, I also told Mr. dunn to watch him self out at the bars because he is not making any friends on the lake, a little barbaric maybe , but i get so pissed when they give us a hard time.

GLH 07-27-2003 07:18 AM

Hey huge get a membership and look at the pics, it'll "make youz ballz shakin"!!!!!