Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Praise for a member! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/55591-praise-member.html)

X-Rated30 07-28-2003 11:09 AM

Praise for a member!

After last weeks online BEATING of several people who gave out advice on the board, I'd like to change it up a little...

DENNIS MOORE responded to a camshaft question I posted on the Tech board. (I had just bought his book a couple of days earlier, and I didn't even know he was a member.) After an exchange of several e-mails and a phone call or two, he suggested an inexpensive replacement cam. This cam would achieve the desired effect, but would not require any modifications to the valve train or springs. The phone calls were because I am a mechanical idiot and just needed some basic handholding while deciding what to buy. Dennis was knowledgeable and patient enough with me to explain everything. Nothing like free competent advice from someone not expecting anything in return.

Dennis, we fired them up Saturday, and they sound like a million bucks. There are a few other things we have to do before taking the boat to the water, but I can't wait to put the cams to the test.

OSO is a great resource!

Gordo 07-28-2003 12:25 PM

Good show!

<golf clap> Bravo! Bravo! :)

cuda 07-28-2003 12:30 PM

Nothing quite like advice from someone who actually did "write the book"! It's what makes OSO great, even with it's few bumps and warts. There is NO other resource out there like it.:D

CigDaze 07-28-2003 12:33 PM

Good stuff!
That's what this place is all about! No other place like it.

Dennis Moore 07-28-2003 07:09 PM

Like Elvis used to say, Thank You, Thank You Very Much

It is a lot of fun talking tech all of the time. I can't get enough of it! You guys give me so many good ideas for magazine articles. Sometimes I get so busy I can't post, but when I do, it is nice to know that you guys appreciate it.
Sincerely
Dennis Moore

Reindl Powerboats 07-28-2003 08:03 PM

Thanks Dennis, from all of us.

Steve_H 07-28-2003 08:17 PM

Dennis Moore its guys like you that make this place the best!

<--------wrote the book on being a mechanical idiot :o

X-Rated30 07-28-2003 09:54 PM

Originally posted by Dennis Moore
You guys give me so many good ideas for magazine articles.
Dennis Moore

Whoa there buddy! If you are using my stupidity as material for magazine articles, I think I oughta get my cut of the profits. Isn't that fair???

HEY OSO!!! Ban him if he doesn't cut me in!!!:D :D :D

Just kidding -- keep up the good work, Dennis.

Allan4 07-28-2003 09:58 PM

Dennis, I called you in the winter of 2001 and you were very generous with your time and knowledge. This is not the first time Dennis has helped a total stranger, so kudos to you big guy....thank you for helping us ALL!!!!