C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee >

C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee

Notices

C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee

Old 08-05-2003, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

114!!!! At Idle!!!! Wow.

With that kind of noise you are likely to get a ticket IF the cops are there. Which is a big if on a weekday.
The IL state law is 90 Db. The WI state law is 86 Db, but I don't know how often they patrol Racine.

I am making a few PVC slip overs this week. Lightweight PVC sewer pipe that hose clamps onto your exhaust outlet and directs the exhaust under water. Very quiet and no loss of performance. As soon as you come on plane the noise is back. Two engines worth of parts should run you about $30 at Home Depot. A friend of mine came up with the idea and said it worked great.

Steve
Old 08-05-2003, 11:31 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Brad,
No guarantee but from what I have seen with the sheriff is he shows up around 10-10:30am on the weekends. Leaves sometime around midday and returns around 3-4pm. I dought if he is there during the week. My feeling is he hangs around the dock at the busy times of the day and that is about it.

But as I said this in not a guarantee.

Rick
Old 08-05-2003, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I do not know what else to do to kill the noise. I do not think PVC pipe will work here.
Attached Thumbnails C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee-number6.jpg  
Old 08-05-2003, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mark

Thanks for the info. Peggy was feeling like a anchor but now that she has company she feels better

If we leave real early Saturday, we can wake up all those hard partying NP guys I'm sure they would be happy to see us.

Steve

I've seen that PVC pipe trick before. It works OK but looks like sh!t. How about shoving one up the sheriffs a$$. Or is he full of enough hot air already

If the sheriff is on this board, I have a 38' Cig.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:43 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Quiet Storm
...How about shoving one up the sheriffs a$$. Or is he full of enough hot air already

If the sheriff is on this board, I have a 38' Cig.
Too funny

MR. CIG and Roger Do you know if Steve (50 Nortech) is running Friday or Saturday? I would prefer Friday but can't run with the Diversey group (too early,can't leave Hammond till 3 ish) but do not want to run all the way to NP alone. If not I guess we will wake the dead early Sat with you. Mark where are we getting slips?

Steve
Old 08-05-2003, 12:47 PM
Registered

I agree Quiet Storm. If mine work well I am going to have CMI make some more permanent ones that don't look so bad.

Steve
Old 08-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Registered

Brad, You could always say you are one of the race boats out testing?

If you get a slip and park in the South Harbor (with all of us) the cops probably won't even see you come in. They almost always hang out in the North part of the harbor near the gas station and the launch ramps. Again, no guarantees.

If they see you out on the water I doubt they would have a chance of catching you from the look of your boat. (Can I get a ride!)

Steve
Old 08-05-2003, 12:58 PM
Registered

Donzi 38 - Here is the Slip Info:

They are only available by phone on Wednesday through Sunday. Closed on Monday and Tuesday.

Contact Cindy Holland at Northpoint Marina
847-746-2845
Tell her you are with Chicago Offshore Powerboats
$15 per night for any length boat

They will try and keep everyone together in large slips, but the downside is that low voltage power will not be available. It will probably be 50A 240 V which requires an adapter that can be purchased at West Marine or other retailers.

If you need low voltage power it may be available but the chances are slim. All of the smaller slips with low voltage power are sold for the season and it is doubtful that many people will be leaving during the biggest party of the year. You may be able to get it but you will probably be away from the group.

Please contact me if you have any questions

[email protected]

Steve
Old 08-05-2003, 01:02 PM
Registered

stevel,

Thanks, I am not sure if we are staying in NP or S Milwaukee.

Steve

PS way too many Steves around here.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Steve S. I talked to Steve D and he said Saturday would be fine with him to run up.

I will try and call my friends and South Milwaukee and get us slips. If they don't have any available Steve D called South Shore Yacht club and they have slips available they are like 10miles south of Milwaukee.

I will call you later tonight or tommorow

Mark

P.S. Roger, would you like some Cigarette Stickers LOL!!!

Quick Reply: C.O.P.S. Run to watch the APBA in Milwaukee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.