Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone had a trailer powder coated before? >

Anyone had a trailer powder coated before?

Notices

Anyone had a trailer powder coated before?

Old 07-29-2003, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by US1 Fountain
Wouldn't this require a BIG oven?
Ahh...you're a pretty fart smeller.

His oven is 30' long. My trailer without brake actuator on it will fit. Just so happens I need to put on a new actuator anyway. Gives me an excuse to take this one off.

Buck
Old 07-29-2003, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SLINGSHOT
total bull****
Sling;
Once the surface is chipped, corrosion sets in along the boundry of the chipped area . It then, can and does continue under the surface. This has been my experience and observation. If you have had better luck with it, good for you.
The wheels on my truck that I had powder coated did it and I have seen many instances on other vehicles where it did it as well. Brush guards seem to be a prime candidate for the process as well as other small components.
In the future I would be glad to listen to your thoughts and opinions on this or any other mater that you would care to discuss. I would, however, at least try to express yourself in a way that would give your words more credibility than just posting ''BULL****'' as a response to someone elses post.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Roger 1
Sling;
Once the surface is chipped, corrosion sets in along the boundry of the chipped area . It then, can and does continue under the surface. This has been my experience and observation. If you have had better luck with it, good for you.
The wheels on my truck that I had powder coated did it and I have seen many instances on other vehicles where it did it as well. Brush guards seem to be a prime candidate for the process as well as other small components.
In the future I would be glad to listen to your thoughts and opinions on this or any other mater that you would care to discuss. I would, however, at least try to express yourself in a way that would give your words more credibility than just posting ''BULL****'' as a response to someone elses post.

I wrote a response to this but its gone, sorry to be harsh---the zinc primer acts as a sacrificial coating....as with anything if you chip it hard enough it will be down to bare metal.......

Last edited by SLINGSHOT; 07-31-2003 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by US1 Fountain
Wouldn't this require a BIG oven?

I have a 45' oven......12' h x 16' w.......and my trailer is still short by 2 ft wtf!