Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Coast Guard fest at Grand Haven who's going this weekend? >

Coast Guard fest at Grand Haven who's going this weekend?

Notices

Coast Guard fest at Grand Haven who's going this weekend?

Old 08-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kaama.....no we didn't get to Hanky Pank....had my daughter with me....she didn't need to see any of that (from what I hear) I was told the patrol officers were there on jet skis, I know what you mean by the river being bad enough....pretty tight in traffic there, I had just got done talking to Whitey when I saw you coming thru the channel, I will have to stop and yak at you sometime yet this summer,....Fred

Last edited by fred; 08-04-2003 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:05 AM
Registered

Hey Fred!!!!!!
Dark Blue Scarab?
Waterfoul?!!!
No and No.

It was me!

You would think an Excalibur OWNER might recognize another Excalibur!!!!

Coast Guard Fest seemed a little more tame than years past.

We blasted up from Saugatuck. My buddy that was behind me in the Cigarette Mistress had all the women on board, so we could go fast in my boat on the way up.

DS
Old 08-04-2003, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Fred, Well---I only heard about Hanky Pank from some other boaters who told me what the harbor of Grand Haven was like beyond the bottle neck and where they went while they were there. I turned around at the bottle neck just inside the harbor and headed back to Muskegon and idled by Dockers for a minute. I'm sure we'll see you again out there---I'd like to take a peek at your boat some time.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Registered

Hi Guys,
It was good to finally speak to you Fred!.
Kamma, your boat sounded great. I would like to ck it out sometime.
Tinkerboater, it was nice to raft up and visit again. Have not done enough of that this year. We will miss you at LOTO but there is next year. We are probably going to Hardy next w-end.
Dwight
Old 08-04-2003, 09:04 PM
Registered

Sorry Zanie....from across the channel I thought Waterfoul was driving your Excalibur, your boat looked good...I'll have to check it out sometime....Fred
Old 08-05-2003, 08:10 AM
Registered

Whitey, it was nice seeing you out there too. Your boat looks awesome! I was kinda wondering who you were when I first saw you----same goes with Fred. Where did you two go from there? Did you guys both load up your boats or did you go into Great Lakes Marina?
Old 08-05-2003, 08:38 AM
Registered

jeez KAAMA, for a guy that likes to crowd the hundred-mile-an-hour mark, you sure get frazzled at 3 knots with a gazillion drunken boating fools around,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 08-05-2003, 11:41 AM
Mad Hatter

I was there and only saw Kaama on his way south while I was almost to GH, must been around 7:30? Whatta great weekend, best fireworks I've ever seen!

Old 08-05-2003, 11:46 AM
Mad Hatter

ANybody get any good pics?

Old 08-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Registered

I went south of Grand Haven only for a mile or so....did that before I came into the Grand Haven jetty and after I came out. As I was idling back down the river I saw a friend of mine with his 302 Formula who was a few boat lenghts behind us as we were heading back out to the lake. He's from St. Joe and boated up from Holland and was headed back for the evening and we ran with him for about a mile. As we headed back solo we saw several boats still sitting out at Hoffmaster Park. It would have been nice to run along side a few other offshore boats on the way there and back, but none others were around when we decided to come and go.

Mad Hatter, what color is your boat? Do you have a name on it?

Last edited by KAAMA; 08-05-2003 at 04:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Coast Guard fest at Grand Haven who's going this weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.