Big Boat trailer question??? >

Big Boat trailer question???

Notices

Big Boat trailer question???

Old 07-31-2003, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Big Boat trailer question???

I'm looking at a bigger boat a (9200lbs.)Baja 38 Special to be exact. The thing is it doesn't come with a trailer.....
I'm tired of messing around with trailers that are too small or just don't do the job well. If I have to buy a new trailer I'm thinking of going all out and getting what I wan't, like a gooseneck, drive gaurd, electirc over hydrolic brakes, etc.

I plan on towing back and forth from the ozarks 3 or 4 times a year, and hopefully to a couple of poker-runs, so I wan't a trailer that isn't a pain in the a$$!!

I've been looking for a trailer and even priced a few....the few that you can call and talk to the rep. at the manufacture.

What trailer does everyone pull with??

What are the pro's and con's of each??

Do I need a gooseneck??

Who can give me prices on the trailer's that I'm suppose to call a boat dealer about?? Magicfloat can you help me??

One's I've looked at
Manning Marine trailer's
South Florida

One's I'd like prices on
Eagle
Myco
Heritage
Roadrunner
and any other's!!!!

Please Help!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myco.......don't forget them!
Old 07-31-2003, 07:01 PM
Registered

Call Fastload in Tampa Fl. Rusty builds a great trailer and low prices.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:11 PM
Registered

South Florida Trailer builds a great trailer , very light and loads great. Tows straight and stays together well. No cheap hardware like so many others use. Its all stainless hardware. 38 feet isn't to bad I pull my 357 everywhere on a 2 5/16" ball behind a dually. Fifth wheels are great but a little overkill for that boat. You reaaly should look at torsion axles rather than springs and spend the money for good tires. I put HT265/75 R 16's on mine. good luck, Mark B.
www.southfloridatrailers.com
Old 08-01-2003, 12:45 PM
Registered

Nort, myco was on my list!!!

TTT
Old 08-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Registered

I have a 28' boat on a Roadrunner that was purchased with the boat, and I hate it. It has (2) 3500# axles, and brakes on one axle. Totally loaded with fuel it weighs 7500lbs. Roadrunner wouldn't make it right so now I am stuck with it. Not to mention even with a 1-ton truck, I cant stop. That's just my 2cents, but I would NEVER own another roadrunner trailer.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:36 PM
Registered

Lonestar,
I hear what you mean about the Roadrunner. The only experience I have with them is loading a boat on them a couple of times for a friend. It always self centered and seem to fit just right, but now that I hear how they pull I'll keep looking!!
Thanks for the input!!
Old 08-01-2003, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Call Bill @ Myco (941-748-2397). He can answer all of your questions. We currently own 4 Myco trailers and have had several other trailers from them in the past. The Myco under our race boat travels a good 15,000 miles a year and has performed without a problem. We have owned trailers from quite a few manufacturers, but Myco has been the best. Myco trailers are expensive, but the quality is there and they are worth every penny.

Will Lynch
Lynch Mob Racing
Old 08-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Registered

Thanks Will,
I'll give him a call. How are your trailer set up?? Gooseneck, or regular?? What do you tow with? What kind of brakes do you run??
Old 08-01-2003, 02:40 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Hot Duck
Call Bill @ Myco (941-748-2397). He can answer all of your questions. We currently own 4 Myco trailers and have had several other trailers from them in the past. The Myco under our race boat travels a good 15,000 miles a year and has performed without a problem. We have owned trailers from quite a few manufacturers, but Myco has been the best. Myco trailers are expensive, but the quality is there and they are worth every penny.

Will Lynch
Lynch Mob Racing
What Will said.

I would never buy another bolt together trailer after owning a Myco.

This is my second Myco and they are awesome. The wife and I can load the 36 first try everytime.

There are 10 bunks under the boat. There is never an issue with the boat being straight or leaning to one side or another.

The highways are rough and boats are too expensive to skimp on the trailer.

Good Luck

Mark

Quick Reply: Big Boat trailer question???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.